- 18-24 months
- England (90 minutes radius of Huntingdon, Potters Bar and Leeds)
- Monthly payment options
- Non-apprenticeship option available
This work-based distance learning programme can be studied within a 90 minute radius of our Huntingdon, Potters Bar and Leeds centre. If you are located outside of this area, please contact us as we may still be able to meet your training needs.
Further develop your skills to influence customer service strategies
As a qualification that can be tailored to the needs of your job role, this apprenticeship programme is ideal for those who are working in a customer facing role who have some responsibility for developing the quality of the customer service delivery.
As a customer service apprentice, you will be employed in a client facing role gaining vital practical skills and experience, and earning a wage alongside studying your formal apprenticeship qualification.
As this apprenticeship is work-based, you may apply to start at any time of the year and will not be required to attend College for tuition. You will be allocated a Work-based Learning Assessor who will support you through your qualification via email and telephone contact and regular visits to your place of work.
Benefits to employers
- Grow your business: Affordable way to expand and develop your business
- Cost effective: Provide valuable opportunities whilst minimising recruitment and training costs
- Enhanced reputation: Provide customer reassurance by investing in trained staff
- Increased productivity: Maximise staff efficiency though the development of knowledge and skills
CAW Business School has a well-earned reputation for excellence; we are dedicated to providing your apprentice with superior training based on the needs of your organisation. Your apprentice will benefit from:
- Tuition, support and assessment provided in the workplace, online and via email and telephone contact
- Support and guidance from an allocated, qualified Work-based Learning Assessor
- Access to our unique Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) and extensive eLibrary resources
* Any employer taking on an apprentice under 19 years of age, will receive an incentive of £1,000. £500 will be paid to you after the first three months of the apprenticeship and the remaining £500 after the first year on programme.*
Employers with less than 50 employees
If you take on an apprentice under 19 years of age (or 19-24 years who has an EHC plan or who has been in the care of their local authority), the apprentices training will be fully funded.
This apprenticeship consists of:
- City & Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Customer Service
- Functional Skills Level 2 in Maths and English
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- CFA Employment Rights and Responsibilities Workbook
City & Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Customer Service
Over the course of the qualification, you will undertake both mandatory and optional units, which will allow you to tailor the qualification to the needs of both yourself and your employer. The units you undertake will be discussed with you at induction to make sure they fit your interests and job role.
- Organise and deliver customer service
- Understand the customer service environment
- Understand customers and customer retention
- Principles of business
- Manage personal and professional development
- Resolve customers’ problems
Optional units that you can then choose from include:
- Promote additional products and/or services to customers
- Develop customer relationships
- Champion customer service
- Use social media to deliver customer service
- Buddy a colleague to develop their skills
- Negotiate in a business environment
- Manage team performance
You will be assessed via completion of a portfolio and pass work-based practical assessments.
You will undertake Level 2 Functional Skills in English and Maths unless exempt. These are assessed via online examinations and practical assessments.
There are no formal academic entry requirements. However, you will need to be living and working in England in a suitable customer service environment, within a 90 minute radius of our Huntingdon, Potters Bar or Leeds centres, earning at least the National Minimum Wage for Apprentices. To complete this apprenticeship within 18-24 months you will need to be working for a minimum of 30 hours per week, if you are working less than 30 hours a week the length of your apprenticeship will be extended depending on your working hours.
You must be employed in a supervisory or managerial position where you have the opportunity to influence service delivery for the benefit of the customers and the organisation i.e. reception team leader, senior customer service representative. If you are not working directly in a supervisory role but wish to undertake this qualification to enhance your prospects of progressing into such a position, please contact us and speak to a member of our work-based learning team to discuss your suitability for the programme.
If you have a level 4 (or above) qualification, from May 2017 you are now still able to undertake this apprenticeship if your current qualification is in an unrelated subject. If your existing qualification is in a similar subject you will not be able to undertake this apprenticeship, in which case you may wish to undertake the City & Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Customer Service as a standalone qualification.
Apprenticeship fees are payable by the employer. We offer two different payment options; our ‘Annual Fee Scheme’ or our ‘Pay as You Learn’ monthly payment scheme. Details on both of these payment options can be found here.
Sources of financial help if you require support during your studies can be found on our student finance page. Before making any financial decision it is recommended that you seek advice from an independent source, for example the Money Advice Service.
Please note that course fees listed below apply to courses starting before the 1 May 2017. Fees for courses starting on, or after, 1 May 2017 will be published in due course.
|Age at start of course||Annual Fee Scheme (?)||Pay as You Learn Scheme (?)||Awarding Body Fees*|
|16-18||No fees payable||No fees payable||No fees payable|
|19-23||£810 payable by employer||£54 per month payable for employer||£146 payable by employer|
|24+||£870 payable by employer||£58 per month payable for employer||£146 payable by employer|
Fees listed are current figures and may be subject to change. Course fees reflect the level of funding that is available as a result of government policies and priorities. These may be the result of age, employment status, previous education achievements or location for example, and are outside the control of CAW Business School.
* Awarding Body Fees are recharged at cost and may be subject to change; these are payable in full prior to the commencement of the course and are non-refundable.
On completion of your apprenticeship you will have gained the knowledge, confidence and abilities to adapt and evolve the delivery of customer service to enhance the client experience and maximise sales and loyalty. If you are not already working in a supervisory position, this may be something you consider if the opportunity arises.
What our Business School students say:
“I have enjoyed learning new skills and applying some of these to my current job”
“The tutors are very helpful and supportive and provide me with regular reviews on my progress”
“The course fits around my everyday work making this easy to complete”
“The tutors are extremely helpful and always manage to find time to provide support and answer any queries”