Enter your email address to download a prospectus
This qualification is ideal for those who are working in an office or business administration environment with solid administration skills and experience, in a position of responsibility.
You will develop skills in supervising others and contributing to the wider strategy of your department or organisation, gaining greater technical, administrative and managerial knowledge in the process. Depending on your job role and the units you choose to undertake you could gain skills in areas such as managing information, team supervision and project management.
- Attendance: This course is work-based; therefore you will not be required to attend college. Instead all tuition, support and assessment will be provided in the workplace, online and via email and telephone contact. You will be supported by one of the College’s work-based learning assessors and will be mentored by your employer/supervisor in the workplace.
- Duration: 18-24 months
- Start date: You may start this programme at any time during the year.
- Location: You must be working within a 90 minute radius of Huntingdon (Cambridgeshire). If your business is located outside of this area, please contact us as we may be able to meet your training needs.
The course structure allows you to enhance your managerial, technical and administration skills; you will complete the following mandatory units:
- Communication in a business environment
- Principles of business communication and information
- Principles of administration
- Principles of business
- Manage personal and professional development
You will then choose from a range of optional units, examples of these include:
- Resolve administrative problems
- Analyse and present business data
- Produce business documents
- Chair and lead meetings
- Manage a budget
- Principles of leadership and management
- Manage an office facility
Course assessment consists of undertaking online examinations, completing a portfolio and passing work-based practical assessments.
You will ideally have a minimum of five GCSEs at grades A*-C (or 9-4) or have undertaken the NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration, and should be employed in an administration role in a supervisory position.
If you are not currently employed in such a role, we also run this qualification as part of an apprenticeship, and regularly work with employers to help them recruit new apprentices. Take a look at the current apprenticeship vacancies that we are helping employers to recruit.
Course fees can either be paid in full before the beginning of the course, on an annual basis, or via our ‘Pay As You Learn’ monthly payment scheme
If you have not achieved your qualification by the planned end date detailed in your individual learning plan, you will be able to continue to receive support and access to your course by paying monthly direct debit payments until certification of your award.
|Full Fee||Annual||Pay As You Learn|
|£2,086||£1,043.18 per year||£139 per month|
Awarding Body Fees*
City & Guilds fees: £160
* Awarding Body Fees are payable by all students or employers and recharged at cost and may be subject to change.
If you are over 19 years of age you may be entitled to apply for an Advanced Learner Loan to help fund your studies!
Sources of financial help can be found on our student finance page. Before making any financial decision it is recommended that you seek advice from an independent source, for example the Money Advice Service.
These are current figures and may be subject to change. The differences in course fees reflect the level of funding that is available as a result of government policies and priorities. These may be as a result of age, employment status, previous education achievements, or location for example, and are outside the control of CAW Business School.
This qualification will allow you to, not only provide complex administrative support to your organisation, but take on more responsibility at work too, perhaps laying the foundations for a senior administrative or managerial role. Administrative staff are in high demand in the public, private and charity sectors; therefore a formal qualification demonstrates your practical administration skills and abilities, standing you in good stead when applying for administrative roles.
Alternatively, you could continue studying towards the NVQ Level 4 Diploma in Business and Professional Administration or look at undertaking a higher education qualification such as a HND/degree or a professional qualification such as Leadership and Management, in order to further expand on your existing skillset.
What our Business School students say:
“I have enjoyed learning new skills and applying some of these to my current job”
“The tutors are very helpful and supportive and provide me with regular reviews on my progress”
“The course fits around my everyday work making this easy to complete”
“The tutors are extremely helpful and always manage to find time to provide support and answer any queries”