Aimed at those who have significant experience of working in a senior administrative position with management responsibilities and decision making opportunities, this qualification will enhance your established business, managerial and administration skills, allowing you to contribute to organisational strategies.
Applicants should be either in, or about to be in, a managerial role; example job roles include office manager, administration team leader or business development executive.
- Attendance: As this qualification is work-based you will not be required to attend college. All tuition, support and assessment will be provided in the workplace, online and via email and telephone contact. You will be supported by one of the College’s work-based learning assessors and will be mentored by your employer/supervisor in the workplace.
- Duration: 24-28 months
- Start date: You may start this programme at any time during the year.
- Location: You must be working within a 90 minute radius of Huntingdon (Cambridgeshire). If your business is located outside of this area, please contact us as we may be able to meet your training needs.
The course allows you to improve your established business, managerial and administration skills; you will undertake the following mandatory units:
- Communicate in a business environment
- Manage personal and professional development
- Manage the work of an administrative function
- Resolve administrative problems
You will then choose from a range of optional units, examples of these include:
- Initiate and implement operational change
- Manage events
- Manage conflict within a team
- Recruitment, selection and induction practice
- Conduct quality audits
- Manage a project
- Champion customer service
Course assessment consists of undertaking online examinations, completing a portfolio and passing work-based practical assessments.
In order to enrol onto this course you must have achieved the NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Business Administration or a suitable equivalent; please contact us if you are unsure about whether you are eligible to apply for this programme. You must also be working in a suitable administration environment in a senior role.
Prior to commencing the course an invoice will be issued for the total course fee. There are, however, several payment options to choose from:
- Full Fee: Payment in full before the beginning of the course
- Annual: One payment prior to the start of the course followed by equal payments every 12 months thereafter
- Quarterly: One payment prior to the start of the course followed by payments every three months thereafter
- Monthly: One payment prior to the start of the course followed by monthly payments thereafter
If you have not achieved your qualification by the planned end date detailed in your individual learning plan, you will be able to continue to receive support and access to your course by paying monthly direct debit payments until certification of your award.
|£2,699||£900 per year||£469 every three months||£156 per month|
Awarding Body Fees*
City & Guilds fees: £176
* Awarding Body Fees are payable by all students or employers and recharged at cost and may be subject to change.
If you are over 19 years of age you may be entitled to apply for an Advanced Learner Loan to help fund your studies!
Sources of financial help can be found on our student finance page. Before making any financial decision it is recommended that you seek advice from an independent source, for example the Money Advice Service.
These are current figures and may be subject to change. The differences in course fees reflect the level of funding that is available as a result of government policies and priorities. These may be as a result of age, employment status, previous education achievements, or location for example, and are outside the control of CAW Business School.
This qualification will demonstrate to employers your proven managerial, business and administration skills and abilities, standing you in good stead when applying for senior administrative or managerial positions. Administrative staff are in high demand in the public, private and charity sectors, meaning that your career prospects are wide ranging. You could even use your newfound skills to set up your own business!
On completion of business administration training, you could also look at undertaking a higher education course or a related professional qualification such as ILM Leadership and Management or Coaching and Mentoring.
What our Business School students say:
“I have enjoyed learning new skills and applying some of these to my current job”
“The tutors are very helpful and supportive and provide me with regular reviews on my progress”
“The course fits around my everyday work making this easy to complete”
“The tutors are extremely helpful and always manage to find time to provide support and answer any queries”