This qualification is ideal if you’re working in a customer facing role and looking for formal, practical customer service training, with the opportunity to gain a nationally recognised qualification at the same time. Over the course of the qualification you will develop a range of transferable skills that can be applied across all industries, such as the ability to deal with customers effectively on all levels – whether by phone, face to face, by email or to internal colleagues.
- Attendance: This course is work-based, therefore you will not be required to attend college; all tuition, support and assessment will instead be provided in the workplace, online and via email and telephone contact. You will receive support and mentoring from one of the College’s work-based learning assessors, as well as your supervisor in the workplace.
- Duration: 14-18 months
- Start date: You may start this programme at any time during the year.
- Location: You must be working within a 90 minute radius of Huntingdon (Cambridgeshire). If your business is located outside of this area, please contact us as we may be able to meet your training needs.
Our customer service courses are made up of both mandatory and optional units.
You will complete the following mandatory units:
- Deliver customer service
- Understand customers
- Principles of customer service
- Understand employer organisations
- Manage personal performance and development
You will then choose from a range of optional units, examples of these include:
- Communicate verbally with customers
- Deliver customer service to challenging customers
- Process information about customers
- Gather, analyse and interpret customer feedback
- Manage diary systems
- Develop working relationships with colleagues
Course assessment involves undertaking online assessments, completing a portfolio and passing work-based practical assessments.
There are no formal academic entry requirements; however you should be enthusiastic and willing to learn a range of new skills and be employed in a suitable customer service environment.
Prior to commencing the course an invoice will be issued for the total course fee. There are, however, several payment options to choose from:
- Full Fee: Payment in full before the beginning of the course
- Annual: One payment prior to the start of the course followed by equal payments every 12 months thereafter
- Quarterly: One payment prior to the start of the course followed by payments every three months thereafter
- Monthly: One payment prior to the start of the course followed by monthly payments thereafter
If you have not achieved your qualification by the planned end date detailed in your individual learning plan, you will be able to continue to receive support and access to your course by paying monthly direct debit payments until certification of your award.
|£961||£480.38 per year||£160 every three months||£53 per month|
Awarding Body Fees*
City & Guilds fees: £118
* Awarding Body Fees are payable by all students or employers and recharged at cost and may be subject to change.
Sources of financial help can be found on our student finance page. Before making any financial decision it is recommended that you seek advice from an independent source, for example the Money Advice Service.
These are current figures and may be subject to change. The differences in course fees reflect the level of funding that is available as a result of government policies and priorities. These may be as a result of age, employment status, previous education achievements, or location for example, and are outside the control of CAW Business School.
This qualification will demonstrate to employers that you are dedicated to a career in customer service. The practical skills and abilities developed over the course of the qualification will help you stand out when applying for future customer service roles. In time, opportunities to progress into a management role within retail, service or related industry may become available to you.
You may wish to pursue further customer service training with us, by studying towards the Level 3 Diploma in Customer Service. Alternatively, many students go on to take qualifications in a related subject, such as Business Administration or Leadership and Management, in order to gain further understanding of the business environment whilst expanding on their existing skillset.
What our Business School students say:
“I have enjoyed learning new skills and applying some of these to my current job”
“The tutors are very helpful and supportive and provide me with regular reviews on my progress”
“The course fits around my everyday work making this easy to complete”
“The tutors are extremely helpful and always manage to find time to provide support and answer any queries”