The City & Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Customer Service is ideal if you are already working in a customer facing role and are looking to expand your career prospects within your current workplace. The work-based nature of the course means that you can undertake the customer service training required to get ahead at work, and gain a nationally recognised qualification, without having to attend College.
Over the course of the qualification you will gain greater technical and managerial skills, as well as the ability to supervise others and apply the principles of customer service to the wider strategy of your department or organisation. Depending on your job role, the units you choose to undertake lead to gaining skills in areas such as managing team performance, developing customer relationships and promoting additional services to customers.
- Attendance: All study and training on this programme is work-based; therefore you will not be required to attend college. Instead you will be supported by one of the College’s work-based learning assessors and will be mentored by your supervisor in the workplace; all tuition, support and assessment will be provided in the workplace, online and via email and telephone contact.
- Duration: 18-24 months
- Start date: You may start this programme at any time during the year.
- Location: You must be working within a 90 minute radius of Huntingdon (Cambridgeshire), Potters Bar (London) or Leeds (West Yorkshire). If your business is located outside of this area, please contact us as we may be able to meet your training needs.
In order to fulfil the required level of customer service training, you will undertake the following mandatory course units:
- Organise and deliver customer service
- Understand the customer service environment
- Understand customers and customer retention
- Principles of business
- Manage personal and professional development
- Resolve customers’ problems
You will then choose from a range of optional units, examples of these include:
- Promote additional products and/or services to customers
- Develop customer relationships
- Champion customer service
- Use social media to deliver customer service
- Buddy a colleague to develop their skills
- Negotiate in a business environment
- Manage team performance
Assessment consists of completing a portfolio, undertaking online assessments and passing work-based practical assessments.
There are no formal academic entry requirements; however you should show a passion for providing good customer service and a dedication to succeeding within your chosen workplace. You should also be in position to influence the customer service provision in your organisation.
Prior to commencing the course an invoice will be issued for the total course fee. There are, however, several payment options to choose from:
- Full Fee: Payment in full before the beginning of the course
- Annual: One payment prior to the start of the course followed by equal payments every 12 months thereafter
- Quarterly: One payment prior to the start of the course followed by payments every three months thereafter
- Monthly: One payment prior to the start of the course followed by monthly payments thereafter
If you have not achieved your qualification by the planned end date detailed in your individual learning plan, you will be able to continue to receive support and access to your course by paying monthly direct debit payments until certification of your award.
|£2,702||£1,350.83 per year||£338 every three months||£113 per month|
Awarding Body Fees*
City & Guilds fees: £146
* Awarding Body Fees are payable by all students or employers and recharged at cost and may be subject to change.
If you are over 19 years of age you may be entitled to apply for an Advanced Learner Loan to help fund your studies!
Sources of financial help can be found on our student finance page. Before making any financial decision it is recommended that you seek advice from an independent source, for example the Money Advice Service.
These are current figures and may be subject to change. The differences in course fees reflect the level of funding that is available as a result of government policies and priorities. These may be as a result of age, employment status, previous education achievements, or location for example, and are outside the control of CAW Business School.
Gaining a formal qualification in customer service puts you in an excellent position professionally, as the skills learnt through work-based customer service training can be applied to a wide range of industries.
This qualification will demonstrate to employers your practical skills and abilities, which will stand you in good stead when applying for future customer service roles, particularly in supervisory positions. In time, opportunities to progress into a management role within retail of a related industry may become available to you.
On completion of this course many students go onto undertake a higher level qualification, or complete formal training in a related subject, such as business administration or leadership and management, in order to expand on their existing skillset.
What our Business School students say:
“I have enjoyed learning new skills and applying some of these to my current job”
“The tutors are very helpful and supportive and provide me with regular reviews on my progress”
“The course fits around my everyday work making this easy to complete”
“The tutors are extremely helpful and always manage to find time to provide support and answer any queries”