Awarded by the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM), this qualification is ideal if you are either in your first management role, or are looking to gain a qualification in order to progress into such as role.
The course will cover a range of key management skills and leadership styles, giving you the confidence to lead a team through the spectrum of management challenges. You will learn how to motivate and engage teams, deal with stress and conflict, confidently manage relationships – and much more!
ILM qualifications are respected by employers around the world, providing you with excellent career prospects; particularly when it comes to opportunities for progression into senior managerial positions.
- Attendance: Two study weekends and online learning
- Duration: 12 months
- Start date: 01/02 July 2017 or 11/12 November 2017
- Location: Godmanchester (near Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire)
01 July 2017 – Understanding conflict and stress in the workplace
02 July 2017 – Recruitment and selection of staff / health & safety in the workplace
11 November 2017 – Understanding leadership / discipline in the workplace
12 November 2017 – Planning work and setting team objectives
Membership of the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM)
As a student undertaking this qualification you will receive free studying membership with the ILM, which gives you access to a range of invaluable tools and resources that will compliment your management training. Studying memberships lasts for the length of your programme or a minimum of six months.
Free resources include:
- Learning Zone: an online toolkit with access to hundreds of management e-learning materials
- Resource centre: browse and download thousands of management books and magazines
- Business book summaries: overviews of more than 700 top business books
- Edge online: the latest management news and exclusive articles direct to your inbox
- Networking and events: specialist management events held across the UK and Ireland
This blended learning course offers a combination of online learning and study days allowing for home study with regular tutorial support and college-based lectures on key topics.
You will complete the following units over the course of the qualification:
- Understanding leadership
- Planning and allocating work
- Setting team objectives in the workplace
- Understanding stress management in the workplace
- Understanding conflict management in the workplace
- Understanding discipline in the workplace
- Understanding recruitment and selection of new staff in the workplace
- Understanding health and safety in the workplace
Course units are assessed by a written assignment, written questions and reflective reviews.
There are no formal academic entry requirements to undertake this qualification; we welcome applications from both those who are working in a supervisory/leadership role and those who are looking to gain this qualification to progress into such a role. If you are in the latter situation please note that you must have the opportunity to meet the assessment demands, please contact us if you have any questions about this.
Prior to commencing the course an invoice will be issued for the total course fee. There are, however, several payment options to choose from:
- Full Fee: Payment in full before the beginning of the course
- Quarterly: One payment prior to the start of the course followed by payments every three months thereafter
- Monthly: One payment prior to the start of the course followed by monthly payments thereafter
If you have not achieved your qualification by the planned end date detailed in your individual learning plan, you will be able to continue to receive support and access to your course by paying monthly direct debit payments until certification of your award.
|£1,864||£466 every three months||£155 per month|
Awarding Body Fees*
ILM Fees: £110
* Awarding Body Fees are payable by all students or employers and recharged at cost and may be subject to change.
Sources of financial help can be found on our student finance page. Before making any financial decision it is recommended that you seek advice from an independent source, for example the Money Advice Service.
These are current figures and may be subject to change. The differences in course fees reflect the level of funding that is available as a result of government policies and priorities. These may be as a result of age, employment status, previous education achievements, or location for example, and are outside the control of CAW Business School.
ILM management courses are well-respected and nationally recognised. The ILM Level 3 qualification will be a professional addition to your CV and stand you in good stead when applying for managerial or supervisory positions. Depending on your management experience, upon completion of the ILM Level 3 Leadership and Management qualification, you could become an Associate Member (AMInstLM) or Member (MInstLM) of the ILM.
What our Business School students say:
“I have enjoyed learning new skills and applying some of these to my current job”
“The tutors are very helpful and supportive and provide me with regular reviews on my progress”
“The course fits around my everyday work making this easy to complete”
“The tutors are extremely helpful and always manage to find time to provide support and answer any queries”