Ideal if you are currently working in a supervisory or middle managerial role and are looking to progress into senior management and raise your profile as a leader within the workplace, this Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) Level 5 qualification will develop your ability to lead, motivate and inspire people, and use core staff and project management techniques in order to achieve results and facilitate innovation and change.
ILM qualifications are respected by employers around the world, providing you with excellent career prospects, particularly within senior managerial positions.
- Attendance: Two study weekends and online learning
- Duration: 12 months
- Start date: 01/02 July 2017 or 11/12 November 2017
- Location: Godmanchester (near Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire)
01 July 2017 – Understanding conflict and stress in the workplace
02 July 2017 – Recruitment and selection of staff / health & safety in the workplace
11 November 2017 – Understanding leadership / discipline in the workplace
12 November 2017 – Planning work and setting team objectives
Membership of the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM)
As a student on this programme you will receive free studying membership with the ILM which will give you access to a range of invaluable tools and resources that will help you make the most of your management training. Studying memberships lasts for the length of your programme or a minimum of six months.
Free resources include:
- Learning Zone: an online toolkit with access to hundreds of management e-learning materials
- Resource centre: browse and download thousands of management books and magazines
- Business book summaries: overviews of more than 700 top business books
- Edge online: the latest management news and exclusive articles direct to your inbox
- Networking and events: specialist management events held across the UK and Ireland
This blended learning course offers a combination of online learning and study days allowing for home study with regular tutorial support and college-based lectures on key topics.
You will complete the following units:
- Managing conflict and stress in the organisation
- Managing recruitment
- Developing and leading teams to achieve organisational goals and objectives
- Assessing own leadership capability and performance
Course units are assessed by a written assignment, written questions and reflective reviews.
There are no formal academic entry requirements to undertake this programme however you must be working in a role with significant span of control and management responsibility. Please contact us if you would like to discuss the assessment demands, and whether they can be catered for in your current workplace.
Prior to commencing the course an invoice will be issued for the total course fee. There are, however, several payment options to choose from:
- Full Fee: Payment in full before the beginning of the course
- Quarterly: One payment prior to the start of the course followed by payments every three months thereafter
- Monthly: One payment prior to the start of the course followed by monthly payments thereafter
If you have not achieved your qualification by the planned end date detailed in your individual learning plan, you will be able to continue to receive support and access to your course by paying monthly direct debit payments until certification of your award.
|£1,864||£466 every three months||£155 per month|
Awarding Body Fees*
ILM Fees: £129
* Awarding Body Fees are payable by all students or employers and recharged at cost and may be subject to change.
Sources of financial help can be found on our student finance page. Before making any financial decision it is recommended that you seek advice from an independent source, for example the Money Advice Service.
These are current figures and may be subject to change. The differences in course fees reflect the level of funding that is available as a result of government policies and priorities. These may be as a result of age, employment status, previous education achievements, or location for example, and are outside the control of CAW Business School.
The ILM Level 5 Certificate in Leadership and Management is a well-respected qualification that will make an impressive professional addition to your CV and stand you in good stead when applying for managerial or supervisory positions. Upon completion of the Level 5 Certificate in Leadership and Management, depending on your management experience you could become a Member (MInstLM) or Fellow Member (FInstLM) of the ILM.
This is a recognised qualification that will provide you with solid leadership and management skills, allowing you to make management decisions and confidently lead other staff members. You may wish to undertake a further higher qualification in leadership and management or look at taking a qualification in a related subject such as coaching and mentoring, in order to further enhance existing skillsets and gain more understanding of the business environment.
“I have found the Level 5 Certificate in Leadership and Management invaluable. The support and encouragement offered by the staff is brilliant and the blended learning allows me to plan my studies around my work commitments. The study weekends are filled with informative and well structured sessions, Emma is an excellent lecturer, and these weekends offer a great opportunity to network with others in a simulated role. I would strongly recommend this course to anyone in, or progressing to, a management role”.
Holly Cooper, Level 5 Certificate in Leadership and Management