The Level 2 Diploma in Medical Administration is ideal for both those employed in a healthcare setting looking to build upon existing skills, and those new to the industry looking to combine excellent communication and organisational skills with a passion for helping others. Providing administrative support in a medical environment, learners will develop their administration skills whilst gaining a recognised qualification and practical experience in the workplace.
- Attendance: As this is a work based programme, you will not be required to attend college; all tuition, support and assessment will be provided in the workplace, online and via email and telephone contact. You will be supported by one of the College’s work-based learning assessors and will be mentored by your employer/supervisor in the workplace.
- Duration: 14-18 months
- Start date: This programme can be started at any time during the year.
- Location: You must be working within a 90 minute radius of Huntingdon (Cambridgeshire). If your business is located outside of this area, please contact us as we may be able to meet your training needs.
Over the course of the qualification you will complete a set of mandatory units covering core business and medical administrative skills. You will then choose and undertake a range of optional units to complete your qualification.
You will complete the following mandatory units:
- Manage personal and professional development
- Develop working relationships with colleagues
- Medical terminology
- Administration skills in a medical environment
- Communication skills in a medical environment
- Working in the National Health Service
- Medical principles for the administrator
You will then have a choice between the following units:
- Medical word processing
- Spreadsheet software
- Manage diary systems
- Employee rights and responsibilities
- Produce business documents
- Produce minutes of meetings
- Prepare text from recorded audio instruction
Course assessment consists of online tests and work based assignments.
Ideally you will hold a minimum of four GCSEs from A*-C grade. We are looking for students that demonstrate a commitment to the industry and to thriving in the workplace. You should be working in an administration role in a healthcare setting.
Prior to commencing the course an invoice will be issued for the total course fee. There are, however, several payment options to choose from:
- Full Fee: Payment in full before the beginning of the course
- Annual: One payment prior to the start of the course followed by equal payments every 12 months thereafter
- Quarterly: One payment prior to the start of the course followed by payments every three months thereafter
- Monthly: One payment prior to the start of the course followed by monthly payments thereafter
If you have not achieved your qualification by the planned end date detailed in your individual learning plan, you will be able to continue to receive support and access to your course by paying monthly direct debit payments until certification of your award.
|£1,307||£653.63 per year||£284 every three months||£95 per month|
Awarding Body Fees*
City & Guilds fees: £119
* Awarding Body Fees are payable by all students or employers and recharged at cost and may be subject to change.
Sources of financial help can be found on our student finance page. Before making any financial decision it is recommended that you seek advice from an independent source, for example the Money Advice Service.
These are current figures and may be subject to change. The differences in course fees reflect the level of funding that is available as a result of government policies and priorities. These may be as a result of age, employment status, previous education achievements, or location for example, and are outside the control of CAW Business School.
Administrative skills are highly valued across all industries; with opportunities existing in the private, public and charitable sectors. On completion of this medical administration course; you will have developed the skills and knowledge necessary to pursue work in a wide range of environments in the health sector.
You may wish to pursue further training with us by undertaking the Level 3 Diploma in Medical Administration, and continue to develop your administrative skills within the workplace.
What our Business School students say:
“I have enjoyed learning new skills and applying some of these to my current job”
“The tutors are very helpful and supportive and provide me with regular reviews on my progress”
“The course fits around my everyday work making this easy to complete”
“The tutors are extremely helpful and always manage to find time to provide support and answer any queries”