What is a Traineeship?
A Traineeship is a work experience programme that prepares young people for employment. It consists of three elements:
- Work preparation training – this consists of two weeks attending our college in Godmanchester and covers skills such as CV writing and Interview techniques
- Work experience – you will work within a company for 8 weeks as per the programme explained below. This will provide a real insight into the industry chosen
- Maths & English – support will be given by CAW to work towards a qualification in English and maths
The programme will last a total of 10 weeks, it will consist of college attendance and a work placement, attendance at college is 9.30 – 3.30. The programme is therefore as follows:
- Weeks 1 & 2: College attendance Monday – Friday
- Week 3: College attendance 3 days, work placement 2 days
- Week 4: College attendance 1 day, work placement 4 days
- Week 5 – 10: Work placement Monday – Friday
Who can do a Traineeship?
To apply for a place on the CAW Traineeship Programme you must be unemployed with little work experience and meet the following criteria:
- Aged 16, 17 or 18 on 31 August 2016
- Aged 16 or older, but under 25, and have an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHC plan)
- All 16- to 18-year-old learners must have lived in the UK for the last 3 years and be ordinarily resident in the UK
- Have not already achieved a full level 3 qualification
Please note that you cannot start a traineeship until 1 August after you have left school in the academic year in which you have your 16th birthday.
What’s in it for me?
- Gain meaningful experience in your chosen industry as well as skills that can be used in a variety of sectors.
- Learn how to search and find jobs online
- Build confidence in interview skills to improve your prospects
- Get feedback on your job performance and possibly even the chance to apply for a job!
What is expected of me?
Undergoing a Traineeship is an amazing opportunity not to be missed. As a student on the programme you are expected to be reliable and enthusiastic. Attendance levels over 90% are a must in order to receive your certificate of completion.
Don’t worry if you haven’t got experience or the know-how, that’s what the programme is for! All you need to bring is the right attitude and willingness to learn. Each day you will have to commit to filling out a diary to explain what you have learnt throughout your day.
You will also have to consider how you will travel to college and your placement too.
Great so you’re ready make your first steps into employment! To apply for the programme please apply below to start the application process.
Should you require assistance with your application please do get in touch and we will be happy to help. If your application is successful you will then be invited in for an initial interview.