Just got your GCSE results? An apprenticeship could be next!
Posted: 23 August 2018 at 8:40 am | Author: Amber Tennant
Were you pleased with the GCSE results you received? Or maybe you didn’t quite achieve the grades you were hoping for? Either way, now is the time to be thinking about the next step…
If you’re looking to make your mark in the business world, undertaking an apprenticeship could be your next career move!
An apprenticeship is a training programme where you gain practical skills and knowledge by working in a real job, whilst studying towards a nationally recognised qualification at the same time.
There are a number of office-based apprenticeship roles available!
CAW Business School alone offer apprenticeships in Business Administration, Medical Administration, Customer Service and Accountancy. Becoming an apprentice could help you land your first office-based role, and pave the way to a successful career in business; for example you could work towards becoming one of the following:
- AAT Lecturer/Tutor
- Accounting Technician
- Accounts Clerk
- Administrative Assistant
- Credit Controller
- Customer Service Representative
- Health Records Clerk
- Hospitality Assistant
- Medical Secretary
- NVQ Assessor
- Payroll Manager
And the list goes on!
If undertaking an apprenticeship sounds like the next step for you, there are several ways you can find a vacancy that is perfect for you:
- Keep an eye on the latest apprenticeship vacancies listed on the CAW Business School website, and sign up to receive apprenticeship vacancy email alerts.
- Search via the Find an Apprenticeship service.
This website is where training providers post apprenticeship vacancies: https://www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk
- Search for apprenticeship vacancies in your local newspaper or online using websites such as Indeed.co.uk / reed.co.uk
- Attend free careers events run by your local school, library or job centre, to discuss the apprenticeship vacancies available locally.
- Contact companies directly and find out if they would consider taking on an apprentice.
Make sure that once you have reached interview stage and your apprenticeship in sight, you put in the work to ensure the role is offered to you. You can do this by researching the company and the position, and preparing for your interview with the help of family and friends.
Remember that no matter what grades you receive, there will always be new opportunities waiting for you around the corner.
Stay positive, approach new challenges with determination and work hard, and you’ll be sure to make the most of any new opportunity that comes your way! If you’re looking for advice on training and employment opportunities in accountancy, business administration or customer service, our Customer Advice Team (CAT) are on hand to help you and can be reached on 01480 422060.
- Huge reduction in cost for the new Level 2 Accounts/Finance Assistant Apprenticeship Standard – Available Now!