Enter your email address to download a prospectus
This qualification is ideal for those looking to undertake their first formal business administration qualification to develop solid administration skills in the workplace.
The knowledge you will gain throughout the course of your training will allow you to provide both routine and increasingly more complex administrative support to your organisation.
Depending on your job role and the units you choose to undertake, you could gain skills in areas such as administrative support for meetings, production of business documents, communication and customer enquiries, paper filing systems and stationery supplies.
- Attendance: As this qualification is work-based you will not be required to attend college. Instead all tuition, support and assessment will be provided in the workplace, online and via email and telephone contact. You will be supported by one of the College’s work-based learning assessors and will be mentored by your employer/supervisor in the workplace.
- Duration: 14-18 months
- Start date: You may start this programme at any time during the year.
- Location: You must be working within a 90 minute radius of Huntingdon (Cambridgeshire). If your business is located outside of this area, please contact us as we may be able to meet your training needs.
The course is designed to develop your business and administration skills; you will complete the following mandatory units:
- Communication in a business environment
- Principles of providing administrative services
- Principles of business document production and information management
- Understand employer organisations
- Manage personal performance and development
- Develop working relationships with colleagues
You will then choose from a range of optional units, examples of these include:
- Meet and welcome visitors in a business environment
- Produce minutes of meetings
- Contribute to the organisation of an event
- Develop customer relations
- Know how to publish, integrate and share using social media
Course assessment consists of completing online examinations and a portfolio, and passing work-based practical assessments.
Applicants will ideally have four GCSEs at grades A*-G (or 9-1) or equivalent and should be employed in an administrative role.
If you are not currently employed in such a role, we also run this qualification as part of an apprenticeship, and regularly work with employers to help them recruit new apprentices. Take a look at the current apprenticeship vacancies that we are helping employers to recruit.
Course fees can either be paid in full before the beginning of the course, on an annual basis, or via our ‘Pay As You Learn’ monthly payment scheme
If you have not achieved your qualification by the planned end date detailed in your individual learning plan, you will be able to continue to receive support and access to your course by paying monthly direct debit payments until certification of your award.
|Full Fee||Annual||Pay As You Learn|
|£1,097||£548.63 per year||£61 per month|
Awarding Body Fees*
City & Guilds fees: £122
* Awarding Body Fees are payable by all students or employers and recharged at cost and may be subject to change.
Sources of financial help can be found on our student finance page. Before making any financial decision it is recommended that you seek advice from an independent source, for example the Money Advice Service.
These are current figures and may be subject to change. The differences in course fees reflect the level of funding that is available as a result of government policies and priorities. These may be as a result of age, employment status, previous education achievements, or location for example, and are outside the control of CAW Business School.
All businesses – whether they are public, private or voluntary – need effective administrators in order to facilitate success within the workplace. As such, a business administration qualification is valued by employers across all industries, and can open up many exciting and rewarding opportunities. The qualification demonstrates to employers your practical administration skills and abilities, which will stand you in good stead when applying for future job roles in the industry.
Many students choosing to pursue further study continue studying towards the NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Business Administration and then perhaps continue onto the NVQ Level 4 Diploma in Business and Professional Administration.
Alternatively, on completion of business administration training, you could also branch out into related areas of business, such as Customer Service or Accounting and Bookkeeping, in order to enhance your professional status and skillset further.
“I have found the tutors very helpful and supportive and they provide me with regular reviews on my progress. They are easily contactable via phone or email and will return any calls or emails with a reasonable timescale. The business admin course fits around my everyday work making this easy to complete.”
Alice Thurgood, Level 2 Business Administration
“The CAW tutors are extremely helpful and always manage to find time to provide support and answer any queries. I am never left in any doubt as to what is required of me due to their complete understanding of the syllabus and so, in turn, my own understanding of the syllabus is improved. I am also easily able to fit the course around my work placement as the Tutors help to encourage a flexible learning rate so my work and my course do not clash.”
Paul Bradford, Level 2 Business Administration