Business Administrator (Level 3 Apprenticeship)
Subject: Business Administration
Please note that to undertake this apprenticeship you must be already employed within a suitable role with a supervisory level of responsibility.
It is an ideal apprenticeship if you are looking to enhance your existing skills whilst gaining a formal business qualification and being employed in the workplace earning a wage. At level three you will build upon your current skills to gain greater technical and managerial skills, as well as supervising others and contributing more widely to your organisation or department.
CAW Business School has a well-earned reputation for excellence; we are dedicated to providing your with superior training based on your needs. As an apprentice studying with CAW you will benefit from:
- Tuition, support and assessment provided in the workplace, online and via email and telephone contact
- Support and guidance from an allocated, qualified Work-based Learning Assessor
- Access to our unique Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) and extensive eLibrary resources
- Attendance: As this qualification is work-based no college attendance is required. It is required that 20% of working time is spent studying ‘off-the-job’ activities.
- Duration: 18-24 months
- Start date: Any time during the year.
- Location: Your organisation must be within a 90 minute radius of Huntingdon (Cambridgeshire). However if your business is located outside of this area, please contact us as we may be able to meet your training needs.
You will ideally have a minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade C or above, or have undertaken the Intermediate Apprenticeship in Business Administration. You will also need to be living and working in England in a suitable administration environment with a level of responsibility, within a 90 minute radius of our Huntingdon centre, earning at least the National Minimum Wage for Apprentices.
To complete this apprenticeship within 18-24 months you will need to be working for a minimum of 30 hours per week, if you are working less than 30 hours a week the length of your apprenticeship will be extended depending on your working hours.
If you have a level 3 (or above) qualification in a similar subject you may not be able to undertake this apprenticeship, in which case you may wish to undertake the City & Guilds NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Business Administration as a standalone qualification.
You will gain the knowledge needed to do your job to the best of your ability, legally and in line with company policies, looking at:
- The company as a whole and understanding their aims and visions
- How to manage stakeholders
- Relevant laws and regulations
- Processes and how to apply a solution-based approach to improve and define procedures
- External factors affecting the organisation
You will develop transferable skills to allow you to confidently apply the knowledge you will be learning, covering:
- The use of IT packages
- Producing records and documents
- Decision making
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Problem solving
- Planning and organising priorities and tasks
- Project management
You will learn how to take ownership of your attitude and behaviours to take responsibility for your personal and professional success, looking at:
- How to behave in a professional way
- Developing personal qualities and a positive attitude
- Adapting to change
- Taking responsibility for team performance and quality of work produced
An End Point Assessment will be required to achieve the apprenticeship. This consists of the following:
- Knowledge Test – An online multiple choice test
- Portfolio-based Interview – During the apprenticeship a portfolio of evidence is produced including evidence such as customer feedback, witness statements and reviews. This discussion will take place by an independent assessor around the portfolio evidence.
- Project Presentation – This is on a particular project of process that has been improved during the apprenticeship
Unless exempt Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths and English are also undertaken which are assessed via online examinations and practical assessments.
As this apprenticeship includes the City & Guilds NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Business Administration assessment for this uses a variety of methods including online examinations, a portfolio and work-based assessments.
Apprenticeship course fees are payable by the employer.
Fees are dependent upon the size of the organisation you are employed in as this will impact if your employer is a levy payer, or a non-levy payer.
Course fees for Apprenticeship Levy Payers
Digital account payment – £5,000
Course fees for Non-Levy Payers
Course fees for Non-Levy Payers are paid via co-investment with the government, meaning that the government provide 95% of funding towards course fees.
Full fee payable by the employer – £250
All fees are fully inclusive of applicable awarding organisation and End Point Assessment (EPA) fees. However, if a student needs to re-sit an exam, re-sit fees will be payable
Before making any financial decision it is recommended that you seek advice from an independent source, for example the Money Advice Service.
These are current figures and may be subject to change. The differences in course fees reflect the level of funding that is available as a result of government policies and priorities. These may be as a result of age, employment status, previous education achievements, or location for example, and are outside the control of CAW Business School
On completion of your apprenticeship you will have gained the knowledge, confidence and abilities to carry out more complex administrative tasks and supervise others to achieve wider objectives of your organisation. If you are not already working in a supervisory position, this may be something you consider if the opportunity arises. You may wish to consider undertaking the Level 4 Higher Apprenticeship in Business and Professional Administration.
After you complete your studies with CAW Business School, you will be invited to join our alumni association, CAW Connect. CAW Connect is a social networking website and education hub which gives you the opportunity to connect with other alumni, enjoy industry discounts, make use of exclusive careers advice and resources, find new job opportunities and keep up-to-date with the latest industry news. Find out more about CAW Connect
What our Business School students say:
“I have enjoyed learning new skills and applying some of these to my current job”
“The tutors are very helpful and supportive and provide me with regular reviews on my progress”
“The course fits around my everyday work making this easy to complete”
“The tutors are extremely helpful and always manage to find time to provide support and answer any queries”
Business and Administration vacancies in the South East
- Business Admin Apprentice
- Business and Administration Apprenticeship
- Business and Administration Apprenticeship
- Apprentice Admin Executive
- Apprentice Team Assistant - PRRT