City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Medical Administration
Subject: Medical Administration
This qualification is ideal for your staff that are employed in a healthcare setting and are looking to build upon existing skills or for those team members who are new to the industry.
Providing administrative support in a medical environment, your team members will develop their administration skills whilst gaining a recognised qualification and practical experience in the workplace.
- Attendance: As this qualification is work-based no college attendance is required. Instead all tuition, support and assessment will be provided in the workplace, online and via email and telephone contact. Support is provided by one of the College’s work-based learning assessors and a mentor in your workplace is required.
- Duration: 14-18 months
- Start date: Any time during the year.
- Location: Your organisation must be within a 90 minute radius of Huntingdon (Cambridgeshire). However if your business is located outside of this area, please contact us as we may be able to meet your training needs.
Your staff member will need to be employed in an administration role within a healthcare setting. Ideally they will have four GCSEs at grades A*-C (or 9-4) or equivalent.
If you are looking to recruit a new trainee to join your team we do also offer a Level 2 Medical Administration Apprenticeship scheme. For this we can help to advertise your vacancy and screen applicants free of charge.
The course is designed to develop your employees’ business and medical administration skills that will impact positively on your organisation; including the following mandatory units:
- Manage personal and professional development
- Develop working relationships with colleagues
- Medical terminology
- Administration skills in a medical environment
- Communication skills in a medical environment
- Working in the National Health Service
- Medical principles for the administrator
A range of optional units can then be chosen from in order to ensure the skills being developed are those that are most relevant to your business and your employees’ role. Optional units include:
- Medical word processing
- Spreadsheet software
- Manage diary systems
- Employee rights and responsibilities
- Produce business documents
- Produce minutes of meetings
Prepare text from recorded audio instruction
Course assessment consists of online tests and work based assignments.
Course fees can either be paid in full before the beginning of the course, on an annual basis, or via our ‘Pay As You Learn’ monthly payment scheme
If your employee has not achieved your qualification by the planned end date detailed in their individual learning plan, continued support and course access is available by paying monthly direct debit payments until certification is achieved.
|Full Fee||Annual||Pay As You Learn|
|£1,307||£653.63 per year||£95 per month|
Awarding Body Fees*
City & Guilds fees: £123.80
* Awarding Body Fees are payable by all students or employers and recharged at cost and may be subject to change.
Before making any financial decision it is recommended that you seek advice from an independent source, for example the Money Advice Service.
These are current figures and may be subject to change. The differences in course fees reflect the level of funding that is available as a result of government policies and priorities. These may be as a result of age, employment status, previous education achievements, or location for example, and are outside the control of CAW Business School.
All businesses – whether they are public, private or voluntary – need effective administrators in order to facilitate success within the workplace.
Following this qualification many employers choose to continue supporting their staff and develop them further such as by supporting them on the next level medical administration training or related areas of business, such as Customer Service or Accounting and Bookkeeping.
What our Business School students say:
“I have enjoyed learning new skills and applying some of these to my current job”
“The tutors are very helpful and supportive and provide me with regular reviews on my progress”
“The course fits around my everyday work making this easy to complete”
“The tutors are extremely helpful and always manage to find time to provide support and answer any queries”
Business and Administration vacancies in the South East
- Apprentice Business Administrator
- Office Administration Apprentice
- Corporate Support Assistant Apprentice
- Receptionist/Administrator Apprenticeship
- Apprentice Administrator