City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Medical Administration
Subject: Medical Administration
The Level 2 Diploma in Medical Administration is ideal for both those employed in a healthcare setting looking to build upon existing skills, and those new to the industry looking to combine excellent communication and organisational skills with a passion for helping others.
Providing administrative support in a medical environment, you will develop your administration skills whilst gaining a recognised qualification and practical experience in the workplace.
- Attendance: As this qualification is work-based no college attendance is required. Instead all tuition, support and assessment will be provided in the workplace, online and via email and telephone contact. Support is provided by one of the College’s work-based learning assessors and a mentor in your workplace is required.
- Duration: 14-18 months
- Start date: Any time during the year.
- Location: Your organisation must be within a 90 minute radius of Huntingdon (Cambridgeshire). However if your business is located outside of this area, please contact us as we may be able to meet your training needs.
Ideally you will hold a minimum of four GCSEs at grades A*-C (or 9-4). We are looking for students that demonstrate a commitment to the industry and to thriving in the workplace. You should be working in an administration role in a healthcare setting.
Over the course of the qualification you will complete a set of mandatory units covering core business and medical administrative skills. You will then choose and undertake a range of optional units to complete your qualification.
You will complete the following mandatory units:
- Manage personal and professional development
- Develop working relationships with colleagues
- Medical terminology
- Administration skills in a medical environment
- Communication skills in a medical environment
- Working in the National Health Service
- Medical principles for the administrator
You will then have a choice between the following units:
- Medical word processing
- Spreadsheet software
- Manage diary systems
- Employee rights and responsibilities
- Produce business documents
- Produce minutes of meetings
- Prepare text from recorded audio instruction
Course assessment consists of online tests and work based assignments.
Course fees can either be paid in full before the beginning of the course, on an annual basis, or via our ‘Pay As You Learn’ monthly payment scheme
If you have not achieved your qualification by the planned end date detailed in your individual learning plan, continued support and course access is available by paying monthly direct debit payments until certification is achieved.
|Full Fee||Annual||Pay As You Learn|
|£1,307||£653.63 per year||£95 per month|
Awarding Body Fees*
City & Guilds fees: £123.80
* Awarding Body Fees are payable by all students or employers and recharged at cost and may be subject to change.
Before making any financial decision it is recommended that you seek advice from an independent source, for example the Money Advice Service.
These are current figures and may be subject to change. The differences in course fees reflect the level of funding that is available as a result of government policies and priorities. These may be as a result of age, employment status, previous education achievements, or location for example, and are outside the control of CAW Business School.
Administrative skills are highly valued across all industries; with opportunities existing in the private, public and charitable sectors. On completion of this medical administration course; you will have developed the skills and knowledge necessary to pursue work in a wide range of environments in the health sector.
You may wish to pursue further training with us by undertaking the Level 3 Diploma in Medical Administration, and continue to develop your administrative skills within the workplace.
After you complete your studies with CAW Business School, you will be invited to join our alumni association, CAW Connect. CAW Connect is a social networking website and education hub which gives you the opportunity to connect with other alumni, enjoy industry discounts, make use of exclusive careers advice and resources, find new job opportunities and keep up-to-date with the latest industry news. Find out more about CAW Connect
What our Business School students say:
“I have enjoyed learning new skills and applying some of these to my current job”
“The tutors are very helpful and supportive and provide me with regular reviews on my progress”
“The course fits around my everyday work making this easy to complete”
“The tutors are extremely helpful and always manage to find time to provide support and answer any queries”
Business and Administration vacancies in the South East
- Apprentice eCommerce Administrator
- Budget Support Apprentice
- Apprentice Office Administrator - Orchards Academy - Swanley
- Client Liaison & Administration Apprentice
- Apprentice Office Administrator