City & Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Medical Administration
Subject: Medical Administration
Ideal for those team members that are looking to progress, the City & Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Medical Administration allows your staff to develop existing skills and prepare to take on more responsibility in their role.
Completion of this programme entitles your employee to become a member of AMSPAR and use post-nominals after their name, indicating high professional standards.
- Attendance: As this qualification is work-based no college attendance is required. Instead all tuition, support and assessment will be provided in the workplace, online and via email and telephone contact. Support is provided by one of the College’s work-based learning assessors and a mentor in your workplace is required.
- Duration: 18-24 months
- Start date: Any time during the year.
- Location: Your organisation must be within a 90 minute radius of Huntingdon (Cambridgeshire). However if your business is located outside of this area, please contact us as we may be able to meet your training needs.
Your staff member will need to be employed in an administration role within a healthcare setting. Ideally they will have four GCSEs at grades A*-C (or 9-4) or have completed the Level 2 Diploma in Medical Administration.
If you are looking to recruit a new trainee to join your team we do also offer a Level 3 Medical Administration Apprenticeship scheme. For this we can help to advertise your vacancy and screen applicants free of charge.
The course is designed to develop your employees’ business and medical administration skills that will impact positively on your organisation; including the following mandatory units:
- Manage personal and professional development
- Medical administration
- Managing communication in a medical environment
- Medical word processing
- Production of medical documents from recorded speech
- Medical principles for the administrator
A range of optional units can then be chosen from in order to ensure the skills being developed are those that are most relevant to your business and your employees’ role. Optional units include:
- Produce business documents
- Store and retrieve information
- Produce minutes of meetings
- Prepare text from recorded audio instruction
- Employee rights and responsibilities
- Develop a presentation
- Deliver a presentation
- Medical terminology
- Spreadsheet software
- Presentation software
Course assessment consists of online tests and work based assignments.
Course fees can either be paid in full before the beginning of the course, on an annual basis, or via our ‘Pay As You Learn’ monthly payment scheme
If your employee has not achieved your qualification by the planned end date detailed in their individual learning plan, continued support and course access is available by paying monthly direct debit payments until certification is achieved.
|Full Fee||Annual||Pay As You Learn|
|£2,296||£1,148.18 per year||£144 per month|
Awarding Body Fees*
City & Guilds fees: £166.00
* Awarding Body Fees are payable by all students or employers and recharged at cost and may be subject to change.
Before making any financial decision it is recommended that you seek advice from an independent source, for example the Money Advice Service.
These are current figures and may be subject to change. The differences in course fees reflect the level of funding that is available as a result of government policies and priorities. These may be as a result of age, employment status, previous education achievements, or location for example, and are outside the control of CAW Business School.
Completing this qualification provides your team the opportunity to grow professionally or perhaps work in specific specialities such as orthopaedics or psychiatry.
Following this qualification many employers choose to continue supporting their staff and develop them further such as by supporting them in undertaking training in related areas of business, such as Leadership and Management or Accounting and Bookkeeping.
What our Business School students say:
“I have enjoyed learning new skills and applying some of these to my current job”
“The tutors are very helpful and supportive and provide me with regular reviews on my progress”
“The course fits around my everyday work making this easy to complete”
“The tutors are extremely helpful and always manage to find time to provide support and answer any queries”
Business and Administration vacancies in the South East
- Business Administration Apprentice
- Business Administration Apprentice
- Law Firm Administration Apprentice