City & Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Medical Administration
Subject: Medical Administration
Ideal if you are looking to progress professionally, the City & Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Medical Administration allows those already working within an established administrative role to develop their existing skillset and prepare to take on more responsibility at work.
Providing administrative support in a medical environment, you will build upon the core administration skills whilst gaining a recognised qualification and practical experience in the workplace.
Completion of this programme entitles you to become a member of AMSPAR and use post-nominals after your name, indicating high professional standards.
- Attendance: As this qualification is work-based no college attendance is required. Instead all tuition, support and assessment will be provided in the workplace, online and via email and telephone contact. Support is provided by one of the College’s work-based learning assessors and a mentor in your workplace is required.
- Duration: 18-24 months
- Start date: Any time during the year.
- Location: Your organisation must be within a 90 minute radius of Huntingdon (Cambridgeshire). However if your business is located outside of this area, please contact us as we may be able to meet your training needs.
Ideally you will hold a minimum of four GCSEs at grades A*-C (or 9-4) or have completed the Level 2 Diploma in Medical Administration. We are looking for students that demonstrate a commitment to the industry and to thriving in the workplace. You should be working in an administration role in a healthcare environment.
Over the course of the qualification you will complete a set of mandatory units covering core business and medical administrative skills. You will then choose and undertake a range of optional units to complete your qualification.
You will complete the following mandatory units:
- Manage personal and professional development
- Medical administration
- Managing communication in a medical environment
- Medical word processing
- Production of medical documents from recorded speech
- Medical principles for the administrator
You will then have a choice between the following units:
- Produce business documents
- Store and retrieve information
- Produce minutes of meetings
- Prepare text from recorded audio instruction
- Employee rights and responsibilities
- Develop a presentation
- Deliver a presentation
- Medical terminology
- Spreadsheet software
- Presentation software
Course assessment consists of online tests and work based assignments.
Course fees can either be paid in full before the beginning of the course, on an annual basis, or via our ‘Pay As You Learn’ monthly payment scheme
If you have not achieved your qualification by the planned end date detailed in your individual learning plan, continued support and course access is available by paying monthly direct debit payments until certification is achieved.
|Full Fee||Annual||Pay As You Learn|
|£2,296||£1,148.18 per year||£144 per month|
Awarding Body Fees*
City & Guilds fees: £166.00
* Awarding Body Fees are payable by all students or employers and recharged at cost and may be subject to change.
Sources of financial help can be found on our student finance page. Before making any financial decision it is recommended that you seek advice from an independent source, for example the Money Advice Service.
These are current figures and may be subject to change. The differences in course fees reflect the level of funding that is available as a result of government policies and priorities. These may be as a result of age, employment status, previous education achievements, or location for example, and are outside the control of CAW Business School.
Completion of this qualification provides many professional opportunities. You could work in range of different environments, from hospitals and general practice, to private practice or the pharmaceutical industry. There is also the opportunity to work within specific specialties, such as in general medicine, orthopaedics, dermatology, psychiatry – and many more!
Alternatively, if you’re interested in further training we offer a range of related qualifications which will help you stand out in the job market and prepare for senior managerial positions, for example Leadership and Management or Coaching and Mentoring.
After you complete your studies with CAW Business School, you will be invited to join our alumni association, CAW Connect. CAW Connect is a social networking website and education hub which gives you the opportunity to connect with other alumni, enjoy industry discounts, make use of exclusive careers advice and resources, find new job opportunities and keep up-to-date with the latest industry news. Find out more about CAW Connect
What our Business School students say:
“I have enjoyed learning new skills and applying some of these to my current job”
“The tutors are very helpful and supportive and provide me with regular reviews on my progress”
“The course fits around my everyday work making this easy to complete”
“The tutors are extremely helpful and always manage to find time to provide support and answer any queries”
Business and Administration vacancies in the South East
- Business Administration Apprentice (Private Sector Housing)
- Apprentice Recruitment Administrator
- Business Administration Apprentice
- Business Admin Apprentice (Quality Team)
- Apprentice Business Administrator