Higher Apprenticeship in Business and Professional Administration (Level 4)
Subject: Business Administration
Please note that to undertake this apprenticeship you must be already employed within a senior administrative role with a management responsibilities.
Studying this apprenticeship will help your to develop the skills and knowledge to enhance your business, managerial and administration skills, allowing you to contribute to organisational strategies.
CAW Business School has a well-earned reputation for excellence; we are dedicated to providing your with superior training based on your needs. As an apprentice studying with CAW you will benefit from:
- Tuition, support and assessment provided in the workplace, online and via email and telephone contact
- Support and guidance from an allocated, qualified Work-based Learning Assessor
- Access to our unique Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) and extensive eLibrary resources
- Attendance: As this qualification is work-based no college attendance is required. It is required that 20% of working time is spent studying ‘off-the-job’ activities.
- Duration: 24-28 months
- Start date: Any time during the year.
- Location: Your organisation must be within a 90 minute radius of Huntingdon (Cambridgeshire). However if your business is located outside of this area, please contact us as we may be able to meet your training needs.
In order to enrol onto this course you must be working in a managerial role, such as office manager or administration team leader and have achieved the Advanced Apprenticeship/NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Business Administration, or suitable equivalent.
You will also need to be living and working in England within a 90 minute radius of our Huntingdon, earning at least the National Minimum Wage for Apprentices. To complete this apprenticeship within 24 – 30 months you will need to be working for a minimum of 30 hours per week, if you are working less than 30 hours a week the length of your apprenticeship will be extended depending on your working hours.
If you have a level 4 (or above) qualification in a similar subject you may not be able to undertake this apprenticeship, in which case you may wish to undertake the City & Guilds NVQ Level 4 Diploma in Business and Professional Administration as a standalone qualification.
This apprenticeship consists of:
- City & Guilds Level 4 Diploma in Business and Professional Administration
- Functional Skills Level 2 in Maths, English and ICT
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- CFA Employment Rights and Responsibilities Workbook
Over the course of the qualification, mandatory and optional units are studied, which will allow the course to be tailored accordingly. The units undertaken will be discussed at induction to make sure they are the best fit.
- Communicate in a business environment
- Manage personal and professional development
- Manage the work of an administrative function
- Resolve administrative problems
Optional units that can be chosen from include:
- Initiate and implement operational change
- Manage events
- Manage conflict within a team
- Recruitment, selection and induction practice
- Conduct quality audits
- Manage a project
- Champion customer service
Course assessment consists of completing online examinations and a portfolio, and passing work-based practical assessments.
Level 2 Functional Skills in English, Maths and ICT will also be undertaken unless exempt. These are assessed via online examinations and practical assessments.
Apprenticeship course fees are payable by the employer. Fees are dependent upon the size of the organisation you are employed in as this will impact if your employer is a levy payer, or a non-levy payer.
Course fees for Apprenticeship Levy Payers
Course fees are made up of two parts; a digital account payment and college course fees, as below:
Digital account payment – £4,000
College course fees:
|£2,736||£912 per year||£293 every three months||£98 per month|
Course fees for Non-Levy Payers
Course fees for Non-Levy Payers are paid via co-investment with the government, meaning that the government provide some funding towards course fees. The additional fees that you will be required to pay as of 1 April 2019 are as follows:
|£2,936||£979 per year||£326 every three months||£105 per month|
Awarding Body Fees*
City & Guilds fees: £189.10
Sources of financial help can be found on our student finance page. Before making any financial decision it is recommended that you seek advice from an independent source, for example the Money Advice Service.
These are current figures and may be subject to change. The differences in course fees reflect the level of funding that is available as a result of government policies and priorities. These may be as a result of age, employment status, previous education achievements, or location for example, and are outside the control of CAW Business School.
On completion of your apprenticeship you will have gained advanced and proven managerial business and administration skills and abilities. You could continue on to look at undertaking a related professional qualification such as ILM Leadership and Management or Coaching and Mentoring which would be a great asset in helping you to further your career.
After you complete your studies with CAW Business School, you will be invited to join our alumni association, CAW Connect. CAW Connect is a social networking website and education hub which gives you the opportunity to connect with other alumni, enjoy industry discounts, make use of exclusive careers advice and resources, find new job opportunities and keep up-to-date with the latest industry news. Find out more about CAW Connect
What our Business School students say:
“I have enjoyed learning new skills and applying some of these to my current job”
“The tutors are very helpful and supportive and provide me with regular reviews on my progress”
“The course fits around my everyday work making this easy to complete”
“The tutors are extremely helpful and always manage to find time to provide support and answer any queries”
Business and Administration vacancies in the South East
- Business Administration Apprentice
- Service and Stock Control Administration Apprentice
- Allport Cargo Services - General Office Administrator (Apprentice)
- JCK - Commercial Assistant / Business and Administration Apprenticeship
- Business Administration Apprentice