ILM Level 3 Certificate in Effective Coaching and Mentoring
Subject: Coaching and Mentoring
Awarded by the ILM, this nationally recognised qualification is ideal if you are involved in coaching and mentoring staff in your workplace; particularly if you are new to a supervisory or leadership role and are looking for formal training.
The ILM Level 3 Certificate in Effective Coaching and Mentoring is respected by employers around the world, providing you with excellent career prospects. You will learn tools and techniques that will enable you to succeed in coaching and mentoring at work; ensuring that you equip others with the skills, knowledge and understanding they need to perform at their best in your organisation
As a student on this programme you will receive free studying membership with the ILM, which gives you access to a range of invaluable tools and resources that will help you get the most from your formal training. Studying memberships lasts for the length of your programme or a minimum of six months.
Free resources include:
- Learning Zone: an online toolkit with access to hundreds of management e-learning materials
- Resource centre: browse and download thousands of management books and magazines
- Business book summaries: overviews of more than 700 top business books
- Edge online: the latest management news and exclusive articles direct to your inbox
Networking and events: specialist management events held across the UK and Ireland
- Attendance: Two study days and online learning
- Duration: Six months
- Start date: 10 February 2020 and second study day is 26 March 2020, OR 6 July 2020 and second study day is 14 September 2020
- Location: Study days take place at our Godmanchester centre (Near Huntingdon)
There are no formal academic entry requirements to work towards this qualification. However, you should be in a role involved in coaching and mentoring other team members and be able to show a dedication to developing the individual talents of other colleagues.
This blended learning course offers a combination of online learning and study days allowing for home study with regular tutorial support and college-based lectures on key topics.
The following units are mandatory:
- Understanding Good Practice in Coaching within an Organisational Context
- Understanding Good Practice in Mentoring within in Organisational Context
Selection of optional units are then required as below:
- Undertaking an extended period of coaching within an organisation
- Reflecting on coaching skills within an organisational context
- Undertaking an extended period of mentoring within an organisation
- Reflecting on mentoring skills within an organisational context
Completion of this ILM Level 3 Certificate qualification requires the completion of two written assignments and a combination of a reflective journal and portfolio.
One or Two coachees or mentees are required alongside a minimum of 12 hours recorded practical evidence.
Course fees are payable in full prior to the start of the course.
If you have not achieved your qualification by the planned end date detailed in your individual learning plan, continued support and course access is available by paying monthly direct debit payments until certification is achieved.
Course Fee - £473 plus £119 Awarding Body Fee*
* Awarding Body Fees are payable by all students or employers and recharged at cost and may be subject to change.
Sources of financial help can be found on our student finance page. Before making any financial decision it is recommended that you seek advice from an independent source, for example the Money Advice Service.
These are current figures and may be subject to change. The differences in course fees reflect the level of funding that is available as a result of government policies and priorities. These may be as a result of age, employment status, previous education achievements, or location for example, and are outside the control of CAW Business School.
On completion of this course you should be more confident in coaching others and assessing your own skills and areas for improvement. This will stand you in good stead when applying for higher level coaching or leadership roles.
You may wish to continue studying to a higher level in coaching by undertaking the Level 5 Diploma in Effective Coaching and Mentoring or undertake a related qualification such as the Level 3 Certificate in Leadership and Management which will further prepare you for more advanced managerial positions.
After you complete your studies with CAW Business School, you will be invited to join our alumni association, CAW Connect. CAW Connect is a social networking website and education hub which gives you the opportunity to connect with other alumni, enjoy industry discounts, make use of exclusive careers advice and resources, find new job opportunities and keep up-to-date with the latest industry news. Find out more about CAW Connect
What our Business School students say:
“I have enjoyed learning new skills and applying some of these to my current job”
“The tutors are very helpful and supportive and provide me with regular reviews on my progress”
“The course fits around my everyday work making this easy to complete”
“The tutors are extremely helpful and always manage to find time to provide support and answer any queries”