Ideal for those looking to progress professionally, the City & Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Medical Administration allows those already working within an established administrative role to develop their existing skillset and prepare to take on more responsibility at work. Providing administrative support in a medical environment, learners will build upon the core administration skills whilst gaining a recognised qualification and practical experience in the workplace.
Completion of this programme entitles students to become members of AMSPAR and use post-nominals after their name, indicating high professional standards.
- Attendance: As this is a work based programme, you will not be required to attend College. Instead all tuition, support and assessment will be provided in the workplace, online and via email and telephone contact. You will be supported by one of the College’s work-based learning assessors and will be mentored by your employer/supervisor in the workplace.
- Duration: 18-24 months
- Start date: This programme can be started at any time during the year.
- Location: You must be working within a 90 minute radius of Huntingdon (Cambridgeshire). If your business is located outside of this area, please contact us as we may be able to meet your training needs.
Over the course of the qualification you will complete a set of mandatory units which will enable you to further develop core business and medical administration skills. You will then choose and undertake a range of optional units to complete your qualification.
You will undertake the following compulsory units:
- Manage personal and professional development
- Medical administration
- Managing communication in a medical environment
- Medical word processing
- Production of medical documents from recorded speech
- Medical principles for the administrator
You will then complete a selection of optional units from the following list:
- Produce business documents
- Store and retrieve information
- Produce minutes of meetings
- Prepare text from recorded audio instruction
- Employee rights and responsibilities
- Develop a presentation
- Deliver a presentation
- Medical terminology
- Spreadsheet software
- Presentation software
Course assessment consists of online tests and work based assignments.
Ideally you will hold a minimum of four GCSEs at grades A*-C (or 9-4) or have completed the Level 2 Diploma in Medical Administration. We are looking for students that demonstrate a commitment to the industry and to thriving in the workplace. You should be working in an administration role in a healthcare environment.
Prior to commencing the course an invoice will be issued for the total course fee. There are, however, several payment options to choose from:
- Full Fee: Payment in full before the beginning of the course
- Annual: One payment prior to the start of the course followed by equal payments every 12 months thereafter
- Quarterly: One payment prior to the start of the course followed by payments every three months thereafter
- Monthly: One payment prior to the start of the course followed by monthly payments thereafter
If you have not achieved your qualification by the planned end date detailed in your individual learning plan, you will be able to continue to receive support and access to your course by paying monthly direct debit payments until certification of your award.
|£2,296||£1,148.18 per year||£432 every three months||£144 per month|
Awarding Body Fees*
City & Guilds fees: £155
* Awarding Body Fees are payable by all students or employers and recharged at cost and may be subject to change.
If you are over 19 years of age you may be entitled to apply for an Advanced Learner Loan to help fund your studies!
Sources of financial help can be found on our student finance page. Before making any financial decision it is recommended that you seek advice from an independent source, for example the Money Advice Service.
These are current figures and may be subject to change. The differences in course fees reflect the level of funding that is available as a result of government policies and priorities. These may be as a result of age, employment status, previous education achievements, or location for example, and are outside the control of CAW Business School.
Completion of this qualification affords students many professional opportunities. You could work in range of different environments, from hospitals and general practice, to private practice or the pharmaceutical industry. There is also the opportunity to work within specific specialties, such as in general medicine, orthopaedics, dermatology, psychiatry – and many more!
Alternatively, if you’re interested in further training we offer a range of related qualifications which will help you stand out in the job market and prepare for senior managerial positions, for example Leadership and Management or Coaching and Mentoring.
What our Business School students say:
“I have enjoyed learning new skills and applying some of these to my current job”
“The tutors are very helpful and supportive and provide me with regular reviews on my progress”
“The course fits around my everyday work making this easy to complete”
“The tutors are extremely helpful and always manage to find time to provide support and answer any queries”