We very much hope that your time spent with us is an enjoyable one. We recognise that studying a professional qualification, often whilst working at the same time, is a huge commitment, both in time and money, and we are here to help you every step of the way.
We are committed to helping you to achieve your chosen qualification in a timely manner. Through the use of our Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) and regular tutorials, we provide you with the study materials and support you need to make your time at college as straight forward as possible. Additional reading around your chosen subject is always advised and, with the help of our eLibrary and your studying membership to the relevant awarding body, you will have access to additional ebooks and resources to help you along the way.
If you have any worries about your studies whilst at college please speak to your tutor at the earliest possible opportunity. Your tutors can help you with study skills, planning your time, keeping on track and are always available to listen to you and work towards a solution.
From time-to-time, whilst studying, you may encounter personal situations where you may need advice or help. Please speak to your course tutor, they will be able to direct you to appropriate sources of help.
Below are a few organisations who can offer support and advice:
- NHS Choices – can help with worries about alcohol, drugs, healthy eating, mental health, pregnancy, sexual health and much more
- NHS Smoke Free – Help and advice for quitting smoking
- NPSCC – Helpline 0808 800 5000
- Talk to Frank – drugs advice helpline
- BullyingUK – Bullying advice
- Samaritans – 24 hour helpline
TOTUM Card (previously NUS Extra)
With an average saving of over £500, the TOTUM card is the smart way to save on your purchases. The TOTUM card is available to students for only £12 and for an entire year from the date of purchase. You can save on:
- Fashion (Accessorize, ASOS etc.)
- Music, Films & Gaming (Amazon, Game etc)
- Books & Stationery (Staples, Amazon etc.)
- Health & Beauty (Superdrug, Vision Express etc.)
- Accommodation & Travel (EasyJet, National Express, STA Travel, 16-25 Railcard etc.).
- Technology & Gadgets (Apple, Dell, Ink Cartidges etc.)
- Tickets (Odeon, Cineworld, Ticket Master etc.)
- Food & Drink (Pizza Express, co-op, Giraffe, Dominos Pizza, Frankie & Benny’s etc.)
Please note the offers/discounts available are not fixed and may vary or be withdrawn at any time.
To apply you must be studying on a full or part time course.
The one-off fee of £12/£24/£36 entitles you to an TOTUM Card which is valid for 12/24/36 months from the date of purchase.
Please telephone 01480 422060 to find out if you are eligible to apply for a TOTUM Card and to receive a Voucher Code needed to apply. You can then click here to start your application!