TAQA - Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement
This qualification is part of the training, assessment and quality assurance (TAQA) suite of courses. It is ideal for practitioners who use a wide range of assessment methods based upon sound assessment principles. The assessment methods used may include:
- Assessments in simulated environments
- Skills Tests
- Oral and written questions
- Use of others (e.g. witnesses)
- Learner statements
- Attendance: 1 day classroom attendance required. In addition all tuition, support and assessment will be provided in the workplace, online and via email and telephone contact.
- Duration: Six months
- Start date: 16 February, 6 May or 19 October
- Location: Your organisation must be within a 90 minute radius of Huntingdon (Cambridgeshire), North London or Leeds. However if your business is located outside of this area, please contact us as we may be able to meet your training needs.
There are no formal entry requirements but a basic competency in English and maths will be necessary and it is expected that all assessors and quality assurance individuals have occupational competence in the areas that they are assessing in.
The individual will also need to be working in an accredited, or non-accredited learning role.
The Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement is worth 15 credits. It consists of the units below:
Unit 1 – Understanding the Principles and Practices of Assessment
Unit 2 – Assess Occupational Competence in the Work Environment
Unit 3 – Assess Vocational Skills, Knowledge and Understanding
Assessment for this qualification is by a combination of written answers, work related portfolio evidence and observed assessment.
Course fees are to be paid in full before the beginning of the course.
If your employee has not achieved your qualification by the planned end date detailed in their individual learning plan, continued support and course access is available by paying monthly direct debit payments until certification is achieved.
Awarding Body Fees*
City & Guilds registration and exam fees: £91.70
* Awarding Body Fees are payable by all students or employers and recharged at cost and may be subject to change.
Before making any financial decision it is recommended that you seek advice from an independent source, for example the Money Advice Service.
These are current figures and may be subject to change. The differences in course fees reflect the level of funding that is available as a result of government policies and priorities. These may be as a result of age, employment status, previous education achievements, or location for example, and are outside the control of CAW Business School.
Following completion of this qualification your team member will have an understanding regarding assessment practice. You may wish to support them to continue in their studies and undertake the next level qualification within the TAQA suite.
What our Business School students say:
“I have enjoyed learning new skills and applying some of these to my current job”
“The tutors are very helpful and supportive and provide me with regular reviews on my progress”
“The course fits around my everyday work making this easy to complete”
“The tutors are extremely helpful and always manage to find time to provide support and answer any queries”