Team Leader/Supervisor (Level 3 Apprenticeship)
Subject: Leadership and Management
As a Team Leader you will be responsible for managing a team, planning and utilising resources and delivering plans to achieve projects and goals.
If you have just stepped into your first management job, or have been working in a leadership role for some time but are looking to learn new management approaches, this apprenticeship could be ideal for you.
You will develop and enhance your leadership skills to lead and direct teams in achieving goals and defined outcomes. You will learn how to:
- Support, manage and develop team members
- Mange projects
- Plan and monitor workloads and resources
- Deliver operational plans
- Resolve problems
- Build relationships internally and externally
Throughout this apprenticeship you will also achieve an ILM Level 3 Diploma for Managers.
- Attendance: Two study weekends and online learning. There is the option to attend two further study weekends if desired. Additional workplace assessor visits can also be discussed on an individual basis
- Duration: 18 months (20% of time must be spent studying off the job)
- Start date: Start at anytime
- Location: Study days take place at our Godmanchester centre (Near Huntingdon)
You will ideally have a minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade C/4 or above, including English Language and Mathematics.
You will also need to be living and working in England in a suitable leadership role and earning at least the National Minimum Wage for Apprentices. To complete this apprenticeship within 18 months you will need to be working for a minimum of 30 hours per week, if you are working less than 30 hours a week the length of your apprenticeship will be extended depending on your working hours.
If you have a level 3 (or above) qualification in a similar subject you may not be able to undertake this apprenticeship, in which case you may wish to undertake the ILM Level 3 Certificate in Leadership and Management as a standalone qualification.
This apprenticeship consists of:
- The required knowledge, skills and behaviours to effectively manage people and deliver results
- End Point Assessment to demonstrate the standard is achieved
- ILM Level 3 Diploma for Managers
- Functional Skills Level 2 in Maths, English unless exempt
It is important to note that 20% of working time must be spent undertaking ‘off-the-job guided learning hours’. This may, for example, be by online learning, guided study or undertaking projects related to the workplace to gather portfolio evidence.
Knowledge and Skills
The knowledge and skills studied include:
- Leading and managing people – building a high performing and motivated team and understanding the plethora of HR and legal requirements.
- Building relationships – using negotiation and influencing skills and building trust across a team
- Communication – across a variety of platforms and levels
- Operational Management – translating organisational strategy into actions for a team
- Project Management – managing resources and monitoring progress to ensure successful project delivery
- Finance – understanding organisational governance and compliance, and working with budgets to ensure efficiencies
- Awareness and managing of self – organisation of workload and reflecting on own performance
- Decision Making – using problem solving techniques and analysing data to inform decision making processes
The behaviours looked at include:
- Responsibility – managing different situations and being accountable
- Inclusivity – being open and building trust
- Agility – Being flexible, enterprising and adaptable to change
- Professionalism – setting an example and operating within set values
Throughout the apprenticeship access will be given to our Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) and an online portfolio will be completed. Once agreed an End Point Assessment will be undertaken by an independent assessor.
This consists of the following:
- Knowledge Test
- Competency-based Interview
- Portfolio of evidence assessment
- Professional discussion
Unless exempt Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths and English are also undertaken which are assessed via online examinations and practical assessments.
As this apprenticeship includes ILM Level 3 Diploma for Managers assessment for this uses a variety of methods including written assignments, on-screen knowledge tests and development of a portfolio which also contributes to the End Point Assessment.
Apprenticeship course fees are payable by the employer.
Fees are dependent upon the size of the organisation you are employed in as this will impact if your employer is a levy payer, or a non-levy payer.
Course fees for Apprenticeship Levy Payers
Digital account payment – £4,500
Course fees for Non-Levy Payers
Course fees for Non-Levy Payers are paid via co-investment with the government, meaning that the government provide 95% of funding towards course fees.
Full fee payable by the employer – £225
All fees are fully inclusive of applicable awarding organisation and End Point Assessment (EPA) fees. However, if a student needs to re-sit an exam, re-sit fees will be payable.
Before making any financial decision it is recommended that you seek advice from an independent source, for example the Money Advice Service.
These are current figures and may be subject to change. The differences in course fees reflect the level of funding that is available as a result of government policies and priorities. These may be as a result of age, employment status, previous education achievements, or location for example, and are outside the control of CAW Business School.
If you are not currently working in a leadership or managerial role and this is something you aspire to do, this qualification will increase your chances of securing such a position.
After you complete your studies with CAW Business School, you will be invited to join our alumni association, CAW Connect. CAW Connect is a social networking website and education hub which gives you the opportunity to connect with other alumni, enjoy industry discounts, make use of exclusive careers advice and resources, find new job opportunities and keep up-to-date with the latest industry news. Find out more about CAW Connect
What our Business School students say:
“I have enjoyed learning new skills and applying some of these to my current job”
“The tutors are very helpful and supportive and provide me with regular reviews on my progress”
“The course fits around my everyday work making this easy to complete”
“The tutors are extremely helpful and always manage to find time to provide support and answer any queries”