Team Leader/Supervisor (Level 3 Apprenticeship)
Subject: Leadership and Management
This apprenticeship has been designed by employers specifically for those that have just stepped into their first management job or for those team members who have been working in a leadership role for some time but are looking to learn new management approaches.
Through this apprenticeship the ILM Level 3 Diploma for Managers will be included.
- Attendance: Distance learning (live online sessions). Additional workplace assessor visits can also be discussed on an individual basis
- Duration: 18 months (a minimum of six hours per week must be spent undertaking off-the-job training)
- Start date: Start at anytime
- Location: You must be living and working in England
Ideally your employee should have 5 GCSEs at grades C/4 or above including English Language and Mathematics.
In order for you to have an apprentice they must be living and working in England in a suitable role and they cannot already hold a Level 3 (or above) qualification in a similar subject).
For the apprenticeship to be completed within 18 months the apprentice must be working a minimum of 30 hours per week. If they are employed for fewer hours then the length of their apprenticeship will be proportionately extended.
Should you be looking to recruit a new trainee to join your team we can help to advertise your vacancy and screen applicants free of charge, contact us for more information.
Students with foreign qualifications are required to have their certificates translated using a UK ENIC Statement to confirm if they have previously achieved Level 2 English and Level 2 maths for their apprenticeship. If a student has not previously achieved this, they will need to complete Functional Skills English and/or maths as part of their apprenticeship. More information about how to apply, how it works and prices can be found on the UK ENIC’s website here.
This apprenticeship consists of:
- The required knowledge, skills and behaviours to effectively manage people and deliver results
- End Point Assessment to demonstrate the standard is achieved
- ILM Level 3 Diploma for Managers
- Functional Skills Level 2 in Maths, English unless exempt
It is important to note that 20% of working time must be spent undertaking ‘off-the-job guided learning hours’. This may, for example, be by online learning, guided study or undertaking projects related to the workplace to gather portfolio evidence.
Knowledge and Skills
The knowledge and skills studied include:
- Leading and managing people – building a high performing and motivated team and understanding the plethora of HR and legal requirements.
- Building relationships – using negotiation and influencing skills and building trust across a team
- Communication – across a variety of platforms and levels
- Operational Management – translating organisational strategy into actions for a team
- Project Management – managing resources and monitoring progress to ensure successful project delivery
- Finance – understanding organisational governance and compliance, and working with budgets to ensure efficiencies
- Awareness and managing of self – organisation of workload and reflecting on own performance
- Decision Making – using problem solving techniques and analysing data to inform decision making processes
The behaviours looked at include:
- Responsibility – managing different situations and being accountable
- Inclusivity – being open and building trust
- Agility – Being flexible, enterprising and adaptable to change
- Professionalism – setting an example and operating within set values
Throughout the apprenticeship access will be given to our Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) and an online portfolio will be completed. Once agreed an End Point Assessment will be undertaken by an independent assessor.
This consists of the following:
- Knowledge Test
- Competency-based Interview
- Portfolio of evidence assessment
- Professional discussion
Unless exempt Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths and English are also undertaken which are assessed via online examinations and practical assessments.
As this apprenticeship includes ILM Level 3 Diploma for Managers assessment for this uses a variety of methods including written assignments, on-screen knowledge tests and development of a portfolio which also contributes to the End Point Assessment.
Apprenticeship fees are payable by you as the employer.
Prior to commencing the course an invoice will be issued for the total course fee.
As an employer you will either be an Apprenticeship Levy Payer (employers with over a £3 million pay bill) or Non-Levy Payers (employers with less than a £3 million pay bill).
Course fees for Apprenticeship Levy Payers
Levy payers in England will pay the full apprenticeship amount of £4,500 using their digital account.
Course fees for Non-Levy Payers
Non-levy paying employers in England are required to contribute 5% (£225 in one payment) towards the cost of the apprenticeship provided they use their digital account to process the claim for 95% funding available.
All fees are fully inclusive of End Point Assessment (EPA) fees. However, if a student needs to re-sit their EPA, re-sit fees may be payable.
Before making any financial decision it is recommended that you seek advice from an independent source, for example the Money Advice Service.
These are current figures and may be subject to change. The differences in course fees reflect the level of funding that is available as a result of government policies and priorities. These may be as a result of age, employment status, previous education achievements, or location for example, and are outside the control of CAW Business School.
ILM management courses are well-respected and nationally recognised.
Upon completion of this apprenticeship, your team member could become an Associate Member with the Chartered Management Institute and/or the ILM.
What our Business School students say:
“I have enjoyed learning new skills and applying some of these to my current job”
“The tutors are very helpful and supportive and provide me with regular reviews on my progress”
“The course fits around my everyday work making this easy to complete”
“The tutors are extremely helpful and always manage to find time to provide support and answer any queries”