AAT Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping
Subject: Accounting & Bookkeeping
Awarded by the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT), the AAT Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping will give you a solid introduction to bookkeeping and basic accounting practices to give you confidence in the workplace.
AAT qualifications are ideal if you are new to finance or looking to brush up on your knowledge and skills. You will learn a range of basic level 2 accounting practices and techniques including manual double entry bookkeeping and associated documents and processes, up to Trial Balance standard, providing a great starting point for anyone wishing to start a career in the accounting industry.
As a student on this programme you will need to register as a student member with the AAT. You can register online at www.aat.org.uk. Your AAT membership will give you access to extensive e-learning resources, forums, networking opportunities and practice assessments.
- Attendance: Half Day Release (Wednesday mornings: 9.15am-1pm) or Evening Course (Thursday evenings: 5.30pm-8.30pm).
- Duration: Four to five months
- Next start dates: Wednesday 11 September and Thursday 12 September 2019
- Location: Godmanchester (Near Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire)
Whilst there are no formal academic entry requirements to undertake the AAT Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping, competency in basic maths and English is necessary.
This bookkeeping qualification offers a combination of classroom lessons, regular tutorial support and online study.
The following two units will be studied:
- Principles and procedures related to processing business transactions, financial documents and payments for customers and suppliers.
- Developing skills in processing ledger transactions and preparing an initial trial balance.
- Maintenance and reconciliation of a cash book by accurately entering receipts and payments, balancing and reconciling with bank statements.
- Knowledge and understanding of the UK banking system and related organisational activities.
- Petty cash transactions and the importance of the Journal as a primary accounting record.
- Maintaining control over debtors and creditors, aided by preparation and use of debtor and creditor control accounts.
- Non-standard bookkeeping transactions and double-entry bookkeeping records.
Computer based exams or projects will be undertaken. As we are an AAT accredited exam centre these exams can be taken at College without the need to travel to an external exam centre.
Course fees can either be paid in full before the beginning of the course, on an annual basis, or via our ‘Pay As You Learn’ monthly payment scheme
If you have not achieved your qualification by the planned end date detailed in your individual learning plan, continued support and course access is available by paying monthly direct debit payments until certification is achieved.
|Full Fee||Pay As You Learn|
|£482||£96 per month|
Awarding Body Fees*
You will also be required to pay AAT membership, exam fees (approximately £80*) and textbooks.
* Awarding Body Fees are payable by all students or employers and recharged at cost and may be subject to change.
Sources of financial help can be found on our student finance page. Before making any financial decision it is recommended that you seek advice from an independent source, for example the Money Advice Service.
These are current figures and may be subject to change. The differences in AAT course fees reflect the level of funding that is available as a result of government policies and priorities. These may be as a result of age, employment status, previous education achievements, or location for example, and are outside the control of CAW Business School.
After completing the AAT Level 2 Bookkeeping qualification, you may wish to continue your studies by applying for one of the following courses:
- AAT Level 3 Advanced Certificate in Bookkeeping
- AAT Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting
- AAT Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting
Your course tutor, or a member of our Customer Advice Team, will help you choose the most suitable progression course for you.
The Level 2 AAT Bookkeeping qualification will allow you to work in roles, such as:
- Purchase Ledger Clerk
- Accounts Payable Clerk
After you complete your studies with CAW Business School, you will be invited to join our alumni association, CAW Connect. CAW Connect is a social networking website and education hub which gives you the opportunity to connect with other alumni, enjoy industry discounts, make use of exclusive careers advice and resources, find new job opportunities and keep up-to-date with the latest industry news. Find out more about CAW Connect
What our AAT students say…
We asked our students what aspects of their AAT course they have most enjoyed. Here are some of the things they had to say!
- “Learning new skills, socialising with people within a similar field of work and with similar goals”
- “I have really enjoyed the classes and follow up activities for homework. The resources are very good”
- “Manageable sections. Broken down so not overloaded with information”
- “Good tutor making a hard subject easy to understand with good examples”
Accounting vacancies in the South East
- Finance Apprentice
- Accounts Facilitator Apprentice
- Accounts Apprentice Level 3 AAT
- Finance and Accounts Apprentice
- Apprentice Accounts Support Coordinator