City & Guilds Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths
Subject: Maths and English School
Functional Skills are ideal for those team members who wish to improve their skills in the workplace or are looking to enrol onto a higher level programme.
- Attendance: No college attendance is required. Course materials will be provided along with telephone and email support from an allocated Distance Learning Tutor. All resources, support and assessment will be provided online via our Virtual Learning Environment (VLE). Attendance will be required at a CAW centre to complete the online examination. It may be possible in some instances, to undertake the examination at an external City & Guilds exam centre. In such cases where this is possible additional exam fees may be incurred.
- Duration: Six months
- Start date: Any time during the year.
- Location: This online distance learning programme can be studied anywhere in the UK.
There are no formal academic entry requirements for this course.
This qualification looks at the following:
- Understand routine and non-routine problems in familiar and unfamiliar contexts and situations
- Identify the situation or problems and identify the mathematical methods needed to solve them
- Choose from a range of mathematics to find solutions
- Apply a range of mathematics to find solutions
- Use appropriate checking procedures and evaluate their effectiveness at each stage
- Interpret and communicate solutions to multi-stage practical problems in familiar and unfamiliar contexts and situations
Draw conclusions and provide mathematical justifications
This qualification is assessed by written assignments and an online examination. Attendance at a City & Guilds examination centre is needed to complete the online examination.
Course fees can either be paid in full before the beginning of the course, on an annual basis, or via our ‘Pay As You Learn’ monthly payment scheme
If your employee has not achieved your qualification by the planned end date detailed in their individual learning plan, continued support and course access is available by paying monthly direct debit payments until certification is achieved.
|Full Fee||Pay As You Learn|
|£724||£121 per month|
Awarding Body Fees*
City & Guilds fees: £18.50
* Awarding Body Fees are payable by all students or employers and recharged at cost and may be subject to change.
Before making any financial decision it is recommended that you seek advice from an independent source, for example the Money Advice Service.
These are current figures and may be subject to change.
Achieving this qualification will increase your employee’s confidence and practical skills. The key skills gained will be valuable in the workplace or in any further learning.
Functional Skills form a vital part of all apprenticeship frameworks in England and can, in some cases, be used to progress onto high level programmes of study. Once this qualification is completed you may wish to support your team member to undertake the Functional Skills English level 2 qualification or further training such as Business Administration or Leadership and Management.
What our Business School students say:
“I have enjoyed learning new skills and applying some of these to my current job”
“The tutors are very helpful and supportive and provide me with regular reviews on my progress”
“The course fits around my everyday work making this easy to complete”
“The tutors are extremely helpful and always manage to find time to provide support and answer any queries”