City & Guilds NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration
Subject: Business Administration
This qualification is ideal if you are looking to upskill existing staff by supporting your team member to undertake their first formal business administration qualification to develop solid administration skills in the workplace.
The knowledge your employee will gain throughout the course of training will provide the knowledge needed to for both routine and increasingly more complex administrative support to your organisation.
Depending on the individual’s job role and the units selected, skills can be developed in areas such as administrative support for meetings, production of business documents, communication and customer enquiries, paper filing systems and stationery supplies.
- Attendance: As this qualification is work-based no college attendance is required. Instead all tuition, support and assessment will be provided in your workplace, online and via email and telephone contact. The student will be supported by one of the College’s work-based learning assessors and will require a mentor in your workplace.
- Duration: 14-18 months
- Start date: Any time during the year.
- Location: Your organisation must be within a 90 minute radius of Huntingdon (Cambridgeshire). However if your business is located outside of this area, please contact us as we may be able to meet your training needs.
You will ideally have four GCSEs at grades A*-G (or 9-1) or equivalent.
The course is designed to develop your business and administration skills; you will complete the following mandatory units:
- Communication in a business environment
- Principles of providing administrative services
- Principles of business document production and information management
- Understand employer organisations
- Manage personal performance and development
- Develop working relationships with colleagues
You will then choose from a range of optional units to ensure you cover those skills that are most relevant for your role, examples of these include:
- Meet and welcome visitors in a business environment
- Produce minutes of meetings
- Contribute to the organisation of an event
- Develop customer relations
- Know how to publish, integrate and share using social media
Course assessment consists of completing online examinations and a portfolio, and passing work-based practical assessments.
Course fees can either be paid in full before the beginning of the course, on an annual basis, or via our ‘Pay As You Learn’ monthly payment scheme. A CAW Loans2Learn scheme is also available, details can be found below.
If you have not achieved your qualification by the planned end date detailed in your individual learning plan, continued support and course access is available by paying monthly direct debit payments until certification is achieved.
|Full Fee||Annual||Pay As You Learn|
|£1,097||£548.63 per year||£61 per month|
Awarding Body Fees*
City & Guilds fees: £137
* Awarding Body Fees are payable by all students or employers and recharged at cost and may be subject to change.
Funding Available to Residents of Peterborough and Cambridgeshire (Subject to Eligibility)
The CAW Loans2Learn scheme is a personal loan that can help you to spread the cost of your course into manageable payments. The loan can be used to fully or partially cover your course fees (but does not cover any awarding body fees, such as enrolment and examination fees). Please contact us for more information.
Before making any financial decision it is recommended that you seek advice from an independent source, for example the Money Advice Service.
These are current figures and may be subject to change. The differences in course fees reflect the level of funding that is available as a result of government policies and priorities. These may be as a result of age, employment status, previous education achievements, or location for example, and are outside the control of CAW Business School.
Following completion of this qualification many individuals choose to pursue their studies further in order to build on their career prospects. You may choose to study towards the NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Business Administration and then perhaps continue onto the NVQ Level 4 Diploma in Business and Professional Administration.
After you complete your studies with CAW Business School, you will be invited to join our alumni association, CAW Connect. CAW Connect is a social networking website and education hub which gives you the opportunity to connect with other alumni, enjoy industry discounts, make use of exclusive careers advice and resources, find new job opportunities and keep up-to-date with the latest industry news. Find out more about CAW Connect
“I have found the tutors very helpful and supportive and they provide me with regular reviews on my progress. They are easily contactable via phone or email and will return any calls or emails with a reasonable timescale. The business admin course fits around my everyday work making this easy to complete.”
Alice Thurgood, Level 2 Business Administration
“The CAW tutors are extremely helpful and always manage to find time to provide support and answer any queries. I am never left in any doubt as to what is required of me due to their complete understanding of the syllabus and so, in turn, my own understanding of the syllabus is improved. I am also easily able to fit the course around my work placement as the Tutors help to encourage a flexible learning rate so my work and my course do not clash.”
Paul Bradford, Level 2 Business Administration