City & Guilds NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration
Subject: Business Administration
This qualification is ideal if you are looking to upskill existing staff by supporting your team member to undertake their first formal business administration qualification to develop solid administration skills in the workplace.
The knowledge your employee will gain throughout the course of training will provide the knowledge needed to for both routine and increasingly more complex administrative support to your organisation.
Depending on the individual’s job role and the units selected, skills can be developed in areas such as administrative support for meetings, production of business documents, communication and customer enquiries, paper filing systems and stationery supplies.
- Attendance: As this qualification is work-based no college attendance is required. Instead all tuition, support and assessment will be provided in your workplace, online and via email and telephone contact. The student will be supported by one of the College’s work-based learning assessors and will require a mentor in your workplace.
- Duration: 14-18 months
- Start date: Any time during the year.
- Location: Your organisation must be within a 90 minute radius of Huntingdon (Cambridgeshire). However if your business is located outside of this area, please contact us as we may be able to meet your training needs.
Your staff member will ideally have four GCSEs at grades A*-G (or 9-1) or equivalent.
The course is designed to develop your employees’ business and administration skills; and includes the following mandatory units:
- Communication in a business environment
- Principles of providing administrative services
- Principles of business document production and information management
- Understand employer organisations
- Manage personal performance and development
- Develop working relationships with colleagues
A range of optional units can then be chosen from in order to ensure the skills being developed are those that are most relevant to your business and your employees role, examples of these include:
- Meet and welcome visitors in a business environment
- Produce minutes of meetings
- Contribute to the organisation of an event
- Develop customer relations
- Know how to publish, integrate and share using social media
Course assessment consists of completing online examinations and a portfolio, and passing work-based practical assessments.
Course fees can either be paid in full before the beginning of the course, on an annual basis, or via our ‘Pay As You Learn’ monthly payment scheme.
If your employee has not achieved your qualification by the planned end date detailed in your individual learning plan, continued support and course access is available by paying monthly direct debit payments until certification is achieved.
- Full Fee: £1,097
- Annual Fee: £548.63 per year
- Pay As You Learn: £61 per month
Awarding Body Fees*
City & Guilds fees: £133.62
* Awarding Body Fees are payable by all students or employers and recharged at cost and may be subject to change.
Before making any financial decision it is recommended that you seek advice from an independent source, for example the Money Advice Service.
These are current figures and may be subject to change. The differences in course fees reflect the level of funding that is available as a result of government policies and priorities. These may be as a result of age, employment status, previous education achievements, or location for example, and are outside the control of CAW Business School.
All businesses – whether they are public, private or voluntary – need effective administrators in order to facilitate success within the workplace.
Following this qualification many employers choose to continue supporting their staff and develop them further such as by supporting them on the next level business administration training or related areas of business, such as Customer Service or Accounting and Bookkeeping.
“I have found the tutors very helpful and supportive and they provide me with regular reviews on my progress. They are easily contactable via phone or email and will return any calls or emails with a reasonable timescale. The business admin course fits around my everyday work making this easy to complete.”
Alice Thurgood, Level 2 Business Administration
“The CAW tutors are extremely helpful and always manage to find time to provide support and answer any queries. I am never left in any doubt as to what is required of me due to their complete understanding of the syllabus and so, in turn, my own understanding of the syllabus is improved. I am also easily able to fit the course around my work placement as the Tutors help to encourage a flexible learning rate so my work and my course do not clash.”
Paul Bradford, Level 2 Business Administration