City & Guilds NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Business Administration
Subject: Business Administration
If you are looking to encourage training to improve existing administration skills for those that are in a position of responsibility then this is the qualification to consider.
Skills will be developed in supervising others and contributing to the wider strategy of your department or organisation, gaining greater technical, administrative and managerial knowledge in the process. The units selected for your employee undertake means they could gain skills in areas such as managing information, team supervision and project management.
- Attendance: As this qualification is work-based no college attendance is required. Instead all tuition, support and assessment will be provided in the workplace, online and via email and telephone contact. Support is provided by one of the College’s work-based learning assessors and a mentor in the workplace is required.
- Duration: 18-24 months
- Start date: Any time during the year.
- Location: Your organisation must be within a 90 minute radius of Huntingdon (Cambridgeshire). However if your business is located outside of this area, please contact us as we may be able to meet your training needs.
Your staff member will ideally have five GCSEs at grades A*-C (or 9-4) or have undertaken the NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration and should be employed within a supervisory administration position.
If you are looking to recruit a new trainee to join your team we do also offer a Level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeship scheme. For this we can help to advertise your vacancy and screen applicants free of charge
The course structure allows managerial, technical and administration skills to be enhanced; the following mandatory units will be completed:
- Communication in a business environment
- Principles of business communication and information
- Principles of administration
- Principles of business
- Manage personal and professional development
A range of optional units can then be selected, examples of these include:
- Resolve administrative problems
- Analyse and present business data
- Produce business documents
- Chair and lead meetings
- Manage a budget
- Principles of leadership and management
- Manage an office facility
Course assessment consists of completing online examinations and a portfolio, and passing work-based practical assessments.
Course fees can either be paid in full before the beginning of the course, on an annual basis, or via our ‘Pay As You Learn’ monthly payment scheme.
If your employee has not achieved your qualification by the planned end date detailed in their individual learning plan, continued support and course access is available by paying monthly direct debit payments until certification is achieved.
|Full Fee||Annual||Pay As You Learn|
|£2,086||£1,043.18 per year||£139 per month|
Awarding Body Fees*
City & Guilds fees: £174.42
* Awarding Body Fees are payable by all students or employers and recharged at cost and may be subject to change.
Before making any financial decision it is recommended that you seek advice from an independent source, for example the Money Advice Service.
These are current figures and may be subject to change. The differences in course fees reflect the level of funding that is available as a result of government policies and priorities. These may be as a result of age, employment status, previous education achievements, or location for example, and are outside the control of CAW Business School.
Once your employee has completed this qualification they can the progress on to undertake the Level 4 Diploma in Business Administration. Alternatively it may also be appropriate to encourage consideration of Leadership and Management qualifications to provide further knowledge and skills required as part of a senior role.
What our Business School students say:
“I have enjoyed learning new skills and applying some of these to my current job”
“The tutors are very helpful and supportive and provide me with regular reviews on my progress”
“The course fits around my everyday work making this easy to complete”
“The tutors are extremely helpful and always manage to find time to provide support and answer any queries”