- 24 -28 months
- England (90 minutes radius of Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire)
- Monthly payment options
- Non-apprenticeship option available
Take your administration and business skills further to contribute to organisational strategies
This apprenticeship programme is most suitable for those who have significant experience of working in a senior administrative position with management responsibilities and decision making opportunities. You will develop the skills and knowledge to enhance your business, managerial and administration skills, allowing you to contribute to organisational strategies.
As a business administration apprentice, you will be employed in an administrative role gaining vital practical skills and experience, and earning a wage alongside studying your formal apprenticeship qualification. At level four you will gain greater technical and managerial skills, as well as supervising others and contributing more widely to your organisation or department.
As this apprenticeship is work-based, you may apply to start at any time of the year and will not be required to attend College for tuition. You will be allocated a Work-based Learning Assessor who will support you through your qualification via email and telephone contact and regular visits to your place of work.
Benefits to employers
- Grow your business: Affordable way to expand and develop your business
- Cost effective: Provide valuable opportunities whilst minimising recruitment and training costs
- Enhanced reputation: Provide customer reassurance by investing in trained staff
- Increased productivity: Develop confident managers though the development of knowledge and skills
CAW Business School has a well-earned reputation for excellence; we are dedicated to providing your apprentice with superior training based on the needs of your organisation. Your apprentice will benefit from:
- Tuition, support and assessment provided in the workplace, online and via email and telephone contact
- Support and guidance from an allocated, qualified Work-based Learning Assessor
- Access to our unique Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) and extensive eLibrary resources
This apprenticeship consists of:
- City & Guilds NVQ Level 4 Diploma in Business Administration
- City & Guilds Level 4 Diploma in Business and Professional Administration
- Functional Skills Level 2 in Maths, English and ICT
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- CFA Employment Rights and Responsibilities Workbook
City & Guilds NVQ Level 4 Diploma in Business Administration
Over the course of the qualification, you will undertake both mandatory and optional units, which will allow you to tailor the qualification to the needs of both yourself and your employer. The units you undertake will be discussed with you at induction to make sure they fit your interests and job role.
- Communicate in a business environment
- Manage personal and professional development
- Manage the work of an administrative function
- Resolve administrative problems
Optional units that you can then choose from include:
- Initiate and implement operational change
- Manage events
- Manage conflict within a team
- Recruitment, selection and induction practice
- Conduct quality audits
- Manage a project
- Champion customer service
You will be assessed via completion of a portfolio, work-based practical assessments and online examinations.
Level 4 Diploma in Business and Professional Administration
You will undertake the following units:
- Understanding organisations
- Effective communication in business
- Business ethics
- Personal and professional development
- Resource management
- Recruitment and selection of staff
- Project management
You will undertake Level 2 Functional Skills in English, Maths and ICT unless exempt. These are assessed via online examinations and practical assessments.
In order to enrol onto this course you must be working in a managerial role, such as office manager or administration team leader and have achieved the Advanced Apprenticeship/NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Business Administration, or suitable equivalent.
You will also need to be living and working in England within a 90 minute radius of our Huntingdon, earning at least the National Minimum Wage for Apprentices. To complete this apprenticeship within 24 – 30 months you will need to be working for a minimum of 30 hours per week, if you are working less than 30 hours a week the length of your apprenticeship will be extended depending on your working hours.
If you have a level 4 (or above) qualification, from May 2017 you are now still able to undertake this apprenticeship if your current qualification is in an unrelated subject. If your existing qualification is in a similar subject you will not be able to undertake this apprenticeship, in which case you may wish to undertake the City & Guilds NVQ Level 4 Diploma in Business and Professional Administration as a standalone qualification.
Apprenticeship fees are payable by the employer. Prior to commencing the course an invoice will be issued for the total course fee. There are, however, several payment options to choose from:
- Full Fee: Payment in full before the beginning of the course
- Annual: One payment prior to the start of the course followed by equal payments every 12 months thereafter
- Quarterly: One payment prior to the start of the course followed by payments every three months thereafter
- Monthly: One payment prior to the start of the course followed by monthly payments thereafter
If you have not achieved your qualification by the planned end date detailed in your individual learning plan, you will be able to continue to receive support and access to your course by paying monthly direct debit payments until certification of your award.
The way apprenticeships are funded, and paid for, has now changed. Employers should take note of the fees that are applicable to their organisation. As an employer you will either be an Apprenticeship Levy Payer (employers with over a £3 million pay bill) or Non-Levy Payers (employers with less than a £3 million pay bill).
Employ an apprentice aged 16-18 and save over £1,000!
If you take on an apprentice under 19 years of age, you will receive a £1,000 incentive from the government towards the training fees! In addition, if your organisation has less than 50 contracted employees the course fees will be reduced by a further £400!
Course fees for Apprenticeship Levy Payers
Course fees are made up of two parts; a digital account payment and college course fees, as below:
Digital account payment – £4,000
College course fees:
|£2,736||£912 per year||£293 every three months||£98 per month|
Course fees for Non-Levy Payers
Course fees for Non-Levy Payers are paid via co-investment with the government, meaning that the government provide some funding towards course fees. The additional fees that you will be required to pay are as follows:
|£3,136||£1,045 per year||£336 every three months||£112 per month|
Awarding Body Fees*
City & Guilds fees: £405.70
* Awarding Body Fees are payable by all employers and recharged at cost and may be subject to change.
Sources of financial help can be found on our student finance page. Before making any financial decision it is recommended that you seek advice from an independent source, for example the Money Advice Service.
These are current figures and may be subject to change. The differences in course fees reflect the level of funding that is available as a result of government policies and priorities. These may be as a result of age, employment status, previous education achievements, or location for example, and are outside the control of CAW Business School.
On completion of your apprenticeship you will have gained advanced and proven managerial business and administration skills and abilities.
What our Business School students say:
“I have enjoyed learning new skills and applying some of these to my current job”
“The tutors are very helpful and supportive and provide me with regular reviews on my progress”
“The course fits around my everyday work making this easy to complete”
“The tutors are extremely helpful and always manage to find time to provide support and answer any queries”