Enter your email address to download a prospectus
Awarded by the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT), the AAT Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping will give you a solid introduction to bookkeeping and basic accounting practices to give you confidence in the workplace.
AAT qualifications are ideal for those new to finance or those looking to brush up on their knowledge and skills. You will learn a range of basic level 2 accounting practices and techniques including manual double entry bookkeeping and associated documents and processes, up to Trial Balance standard, providing a great starting point for anyone wishing to start a career in the accounting industry.
- Attendance: Half Day Release (Wednesday mornings: 9.15am-1pm) or Evening Course (Thursday evenings: 5.30pm-8.30pm).
- Duration: Four to five months
- Next start dates: Wednesday 11 September and Thursday 12 September 2019
- Location: Godmanchester (Near Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire)
Membership of AAT
As a student on this programme you will need to register as a student member with the AAT. You can register online at www.aat.org.uk. Your AAT membership will give you access to extensive e-learning resources, forums, networking opportunities and practice assessments.
This bookkeeping qualification offers a combination of classroom lessons, regular tutorial support and online study.
You will look at the following two units:
- Principles and procedures related to processing business transactions, financial documents and payments for customers and suppliers.
- Developing skills in processing ledger transactions and preparing an initial trial balance.
- Maintenance and reconciliation of a cash book by accurately entering receipts and payments, balancing and reconciling with bank statements.
- Knowledge and understanding of the UK banking system and related organisational activities.
- Petty cash transactions and the importance of the Journal as a primary accounting record.
- Maintaining control over debtors and creditors, aided by preparation and use of debtor and creditor control accounts.
- Non-standard bookkeeping transactions and double-entry bookkeeping records.
You will undertake computer based exams or projects. As an AAT accredited exam centre you will be able to take your exams at College without the need to travel to an external exam centre.
There are no formal academic entry requirements to undertake the AAT Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping, however you should be competent in basic maths and English.
Course fees can either be paid in full before the beginning of the course, or via our ‘Pay As You Learn’ monthly payment scheme
If you have not achieved your AAT qualification by the planned end date detailed in your individual learning plan, you will be able to continue to receive support and access to your course by paying monthly direct debit payments until certification of your award.
|Full Fee||Pay As You Learn|
|£482||£96 per month|
Awarding Body Fees*
You will also be required to pay AAT membership, exam fees (approximately £80*) and textbooks.
* Awarding Body Fees are payable by all students or employers and recharged at cost and may be subject to change.
Sources of financial help can be found on our student finance page. Before making any financial decision it is recommended that you seek advice from an independent source, for example the Money Advice Service.
These are current figures and may be subject to change. The differences in AAT course fees reflect the level of funding that is available as a result of government policies and priorities. These may be as a result of age, employment status, previous education achievements, or location for example, and are outside the control of CAW Business School.
After completing the AAT Level 2 Bookkeeping qualification, you may wish to continue your studies by applying for one of the following courses:
- AAT Level 3 Advanced Certificate in Bookkeeping
- AAT Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting
- AAT Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting
Your course tutor, or a member of our Customer Advice Team, will help you choose the most suitable progression course for you.
The Level 2 AAT Bookkeeping qualification will allow you to work in roles, such as:
- Purchase Ledger Clerk
- Accounts Payable Clerk
What our AAT students say…
We asked our students what aspects of their AAT course they have most enjoyed. Here are some of the things they had to say!
- “Learning new skills, socialising with people within a similar field of work and with similar goals”
- “I have really enjoyed the classes and follow up activities for homework. The resources are very good”
- “Manageable sections. Broken down so not overloaded with information”
- “Good tutor making a hard subject easy to understand with good examples”