AAT Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping
Subject: Accounting & Bookkeeping
Awarded by the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT), the AAT Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping will provide a solid introduction to bookkeeping and basic accounting practices to give confidence in the workplace.
AAT qualifications are ideal for those new to finance or those looking to brush up on their knowledge and skills. A range of basic level 2 accounting practices and techniques are studied including manual double entry bookkeeping and associated documents and processes, up to Trial Balance standard; providing a great starting point for anyone wishing to start a career in the accounting industry.
For this programme it is necessary for the student to register as a student member with the AAT. This can be online at www.aat.org.uk. AAT membership will give access to extensive e-learning resources, forums, networking opportunities and practice assessments that will be beneficial for the attendee throughout the course.
- Attendance: Day/evening classes or distance learning (see details below)
- Duration: Four to five months
- Location: Godmanchester, North London or Leeds (see details below)
- Next start date: September 2021
Course delivery details:
|Huntingdon||Half day release
|North London||Half day release||Mondays||1:15pm-4:45pm|
|Tingley (near Leeds)||Half day release||Tuesdays||9:15am-1pm|
|Distance Learning||No college attendance required, start at any time||n/a||n/a|
Whilst there are no formal academic entry requirements to undertake the AAT Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping, competency in basic maths and English is necessary.
This bookkeeping qualification offers a combination of classroom lessons, regular tutorial support and online study.
The following two units will be studied:
- Principles and procedures related to processing business transactions, financial documents and payments for customers and suppliers.
- Developing skills in processing ledger transactions and preparing an initial trial balance.
- Maintenance and reconciliation of a cash book by accurately entering receipts and payments, balancing and reconciling with bank statements.
- Knowledge and understanding of the UK banking system and related organisational activities.
- Petty cash transactions and the importance of the Journal as a primary accounting record.
- Maintaining control over debtors and creditors, aided by preparation and use of debtor and creditor control accounts.
- Non-standard bookkeeping transactions and double-entry bookkeeping records.
Computer based exams or projects will be undertaken. As we are an AAT accredited exam centre these exams can be taken at College without the need to travel to an external exam centre.
Course fees can either be paid in full before the beginning of the course, on an annual basis, or via our ‘Pay As You Learn’ monthly payment scheme.
If your employee has not achieved your qualification by the planned end date continued support and course access is available by paying monthly direct debit payments until certification is achieved.
|Full Fee||Pay As You Learn|
|£482||£96 per month|
Awarding Body Fees*
Payment for AAT membership, exam fees (approximately £80*) and textbooks will also be required.
* Awarding Body Fees are payable by all students or employers and recharged at cost and may be subject to change.
These are current figures and may be subject to change.
Following completion of the AAT Level 2 Bookkeeping qualification your employee may wish to continue their studies by applying for one of the following courses:
- AAT Level 3 Advanced Certificate in Bookkeeping
- AAT Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting
- AAT Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting
Their course tutor, or a member of our Customer Advice Team, will help to determine the most suitable progression course.
What our AAT students say…
We asked our students what aspects of their AAT course they have most enjoyed. Here are some of the things they had to say!
- “Learning new skills, socialising with people within a similar field of work and with similar goals”
- “I have really enjoyed the classes and follow up activities for homework. The resources are very good”
- “Manageable sections. Broken down so not overloaded with information”
- “Good tutor making a hard subject easy to understand with good examples”