Enter your email address to download a prospectus
Ideal if you are currently working in a supervisory or middle managerial role and are looking to progress into senior management and raise your profile as a leader within the workplace. This ILM Level 5 qualification will develop your ability to lead, motivate and inspire people, and use core staff and project management techniques in order to achieve results and facilitate innovation and change.
ILM qualifications are respected by employers around the world, providing you with excellent career prospects, particularly within senior managerial positions.
- Attendance: Two study weekends and online learning
- Duration: 12 months
- Start date: (16/17 March 2019 and 7/8 September 2019) OR (8/9 June 2019 and 2/3 November 2019)
- Location: Godmanchester (near Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire)
Membership of the ILM
As a student on this programme you will receive free studying membership with the ILM which will give you access to a range of invaluable tools and resources that will help you make the most of your management training. Studying memberships lasts for the length of your programme or a minimum of six months.
Free resources include:
- Learning Zone: an online toolkit with access to hundreds of management e-learning materials
- Resource centre: browse and download thousands of management books and magazines
- Business book summaries: overviews of more than 700 top business books
- Edge online: the latest management news and exclusive articles direct to your inbox
- Networking and events: specialist management events held across the UK and Ireland
You have the choice of choosing which two study weekends you attend. However they must be six months apart to give you the required credits to achieve the qualification i.e. either March and September OR June and November. This allows you to choose the units that you think best suit your job role and interests.
Please note: Completion of two study weekends and the required assignments leads to the ILM Level 5 Certificate in Leadership and Management. Completion of all four study weekends and assessments lead to the ILM Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management. You may, therefore wish to enrol directly onto the Level 5 Diploma or may decide to start with the Level 5 Certificate and top up to a diploma if desired afterwards.
Study day content (November and June)
08 & 09 June 2019
- Understanding Conflict Management in the Workplace
- Understanding Stress Management in the Workplace
- Understanding Recruitment and Selection of New Staff in the Workplace
- Understanding Health and Safety in the Workplace
- Managing Recruitment
- Managing Stress and Conflict in the Organisation
02 & 03 November 2019
- Setting Objectives in the Workplace
- Understanding Discipline in the Workplace
- Understanding Leadership
- Planning and Allocating Work
- Developing and Leading Teams to Achieve Organisational Goals and Objectives
- Assessing Your Own Leadership Capability and Performance
Study day content (March and September)
16 & 17 March 2019
- Delegating Authority in the Workplace
- Motivating People in the Workplace
- Managing Customer Relations
07 & 08 September 2019
- Solving Problems by Making Effective Decisions
- Managing Efficiency and Effectiveness
- Managing Communication
You will complete written assignments, written questions, reflective reviews and learning logs.
There are no formal academic entry requirements to undertake this programme however you must be working in a role with significant span of control and management responsibility. Please contact us if you would like to discuss the assessment demands, and whether they can be catered for in your current workplace.
Course fees can either be paid in full before the beginning of the course, or via our ‘Pay As You Learn’ monthly payment scheme
If you have not achieved your qualification by the planned end date detailed in your individual learning plan, you will be able to continue to receive support and access to your course by paying monthly direct debit payments until certification of your award.
|Full Fee||Pay As You Learn|
|£1,864||£155 per month|
ILM Level 5 Certificate in Leadership and Management fees for Level 3 Certificate Holders
If you have undertaken the ILM Level 3 Certificate in Leadership and Management at CAW Business School you can undertake this programme at the special rate of £1,295 (£108 per month).
Awarding Body Fees*
ILM Fees: £135
* Awarding Body Fees are payable by all students or employers and recharged at cost and may be subject to change.
Sources of financial help can be found on our student finance page. Before making any financial decision it is recommended that you seek advice from an independent source, for example the Money Advice Service.
These are current figures and may be subject to change. The differences in course fees reflect the level of funding that is available as a result of government policies and priorities. These may be as a result of age, employment status, previous education achievements, or location for example, and are outside the control of CAW Business School.
The ILM Level 5 Certificate in Leadership and Management is a well-respected qualification that will make an impressive professional addition to your CV and stand you in good stead when applying for managerial or supervisory positions. Upon completion of the Level 5 Certificate in Leadership and Management, depending on your management experience you could become a Member (MInstLM) or Fellow Member (FInstLM) of the ILM.
This is a recognised qualification that will provide you with solid leadership and management skills, allowing you to make management decisions and confidently lead other staff members.
On completion of the ILM Level 5 Certificate in Leadership and Management you may wish to top up your qualification to the Level 5 Diploma, or look at taking a related qualification such as coaching and mentoring.
“I have found the Level 5 Certificate in Leadership and Management invaluable. The support and encouragement offered by the staff is brilliant and the blended learning allows me to plan my studies around my work commitments. The study weekends are filled with informative and well structured sessions, Emma is an excellent lecturer, and these weekends offer a great opportunity to network with others in a simulated role. I would strongly recommend this course to anyone in, or progressing to, a management role”.
Holly Cooper, ILM Level 5 Certificate in Leadership and Management