ILM Level 5 Certificate in Leadership and Management
Subject: Leadership and Management
This ILM Level 5 qualification is designed for those within your organisation that are currently working in supervisory or middle managerial roles that are looking to progress into senior management within the workplace.
Free studying memberships with the ILM is included which will provide access to a range of tools and resources to help get the most from the formal training provided.
- Attendance: Two study weekends and online learning
- Duration: 12 months
- Start date: 2/3 November 2019 and June 2020 OR 7/8 September 2019 and March 2020*
- Location: Study days take place at our Godmanchester centre (Near Huntingdon)
*Please note that different units will be covered at each weekend.
There are no formal academic entry requirements to work towards this qualification. However, your staff member should be in a leadership role with a significant span of control and management responsibilities. Please contact us if you have any questions regarding the assessment demands and how they can be catered for within your current workplace.
This blended learning course offers a combination of online learning and study days allowing for home study with regular tutorial support and college-based lectures on key topics.
There is a choice of which two study weekends to attend. However they must be six months apart to give the required credits to achieve the qualification i.e. either March and September OR June and November. This allows units to be selected that are best suited.
Please note: Completion of two study weekends and the required assignments leads to the ILM Level 5 Certificate in Leadership and Management. Completion of all four study weekends and assessments lead to the ILM Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management. Therefore enrolment directly onto the Level 5 Diploma may be considered.
Study day content (June and November)
- Understanding Conflict Management in the Workplace
- Understanding Stress Management in the Workplace
- Understanding Recruitment and Selection of New Staff in the Workplace
- Understanding Health and Safety in the Workplace
- Managing Recruitment
- Managing Stress and Conflict in the Organisation
- Setting Objectives in the Workplace
- Understanding Discipline in the Workplace
- Understanding Leadership
- Planning and Allocating Work
- Developing and Leading Teams to Achieve Organisational Goals and Objectives
- Assessing Your Own Leadership Capability and Performance
Study day content (March and September)
07 & 08 September 2019
- Solving Problems by Making Effective Decisions
- Managing Efficiency and Effectiveness
- Managing Communication
- Delegating Authority in the Workplace
- Motivating People in the Workplace
- Managing Customer Relations
Course units are assessed by written assignments, written questions, reflective reviews and learning logs.
Course fees can either be paid in full before the beginning of the course, on an annual basis, or via our ‘Pay As You Learn’ monthly payment scheme
If your employee has not achieved your qualification by the planned end date detailed in their individual learning plan, continued support and course access is available by paying monthly direct debit payments until certification is achieved.
|Full Fee||Pay As You Learn|
|£1,864||£155 per month|
If the ILM Level 3 Certificate in Leadership and Management at CAW Business School has already been undertaken fees are reduced to a special rate of £1,295 (£108 per month).
Awarding Body Fees*
ILM fees: £135
* Awarding Body Fees are payable by all students or employers and recharged at cost and may be subject to change.
Before making any financial decision it is recommended that you seek advice from an independent source, for example the Money Advice Service.
These are current figures and may be subject to change. The differences in course fees reflect the level of funding that is available as a result of government policies and priorities. These may be as a result of age, employment status, previous education achievements, or location for example, and are outside the control of CAW Business School.
ILM management courses are well-respected and nationally recognised.
Upon completion of the Level 5 Certificate in Leadership and Management, depending on management experience your team member could become a Member (MInstLM) or Fellow Member (FInstLM) of the ILM.
You may wish to encourage your team member to top up their qualification to the Level 5 Diploma or look at taking a related qualification such as coaching and mentoring.
What our Business School students say:
“I have enjoyed learning new skills and applying some of these to my current job”
“The tutors are very helpful and supportive and provide me with regular reviews on my progress”
“The course fits around my everyday work making this easy to complete”
“The tutors are extremely helpful and always manage to find time to provide support and answer any queries”
“I have found the Level 5 Certificate in Leadership and Management invaluable. The support and encouragement offered by the staff is brilliant and the blended learning allows me to plan my studies around my work commitments. The study weekends are filled with informative and well structured sessions, Emma is an excellent lecturer, and these weekends offer a great opportunity to network with others in a simulated role. I would strongly recommend this course to anyone in, or progressing to, a management role”.
Holly Cooper, ILM Level 5 Certificate in Leadership and Management
Business and Administration vacancies in the South East
- Apprentice Business Administrator
- Office Administration Apprentice
- Corporate Support Assistant Apprentice
- Receptionist/Administrator Apprenticeship
- Apprentice Administrator