ILM Level 5 Certificate in Leadership and Management
Subject: Leadership and Management
Ideal if you are currently working in a supervisory or middle managerial role and are looking to progress into senior management and raise your profile as a leader within the workplace. This ILM Level 5 qualification will develop your ability to lead, motivate and inspire people, and use core staff and project management techniques in order to achieve results and facilitate innovation and change.
ILM qualifications are respected by employers around the world, providing you with excellent career prospects, particularly within senior managerial positions.
As a student undertaking this qualification you will receive free studying membership with the ILM, which gives you access to a range of invaluable tools and resources that will compliment your management training. Studying memberships lasts for the length of your programme or a minimum of six months.
Free resources include:
- Learning Zone: an online toolkit with access to hundreds of management e-learning materials
- Resource centre: browse and download thousands of management books and magazines
- Business book summaries: overviews of more than 700 top business books
- Edge online: the latest management news and exclusive articles direct to your inbox
- Networking and events: specialist management events held across the UK and Ireland
- Attendance: Online learning
- Duration: 12 months
- Start date: Monthly intakes
- Location: Anywhere
Leadership and Management Webinars
We're excited to share that there is a new series of Leadership and Management webinars focused on developing leadership and management skills for those managing a team. As a busy manager it can be hard to find time to do all the things that need to be done, let alone find the time to think about how best to manage your team. However, even a few simple changes can make the biggest of differences. During this series we will be taking a look at the following key areas:
- Planning and allocating/team objectives/delegate - 27 September 2023
- Briefings/presentations - 25 October 2023
- Managing customer relations - 29 November 2023
- Health and Safety/Discipline - 18 December 2023
- Solving Problems - 11 January 2024
- Manage Meetings – 25 January 2024
- Finance – 8 February 2024
- Coaching and Mentoring – 22 February 2024
- Developing People – 28 March 2024
- Motivation – 25 April 2024
- Recruitment and Selection – 21 May 2024
- Stress and Conflict – 18 June 2024
- Planning Change – 25 July 2024
- Managing Projects – 8 August 2024
- Leadership – 22 August 2024
- Planning and Allocating Work – 26 September 2024
- Briefing and Presentations – 24 October 2024
- Managing Customer Relations – 28 November 2024
- Health and Safety / Discipline – 18 December 2024
All webinars will run from 9am – 1.30pm and will be recorded so you can re-watch them at a time convenient to you, or catch up if you missed them. You will also receive a certificate of attendance for your CPD records. They cost £55 each. To book a place click here!
There are no formal academic entry requirements to undertake this programme however you must be working in a role with significant span of control and management responsibility. Please contact us if you would like to discuss the assessment demands, and whether they can be catered for in your current workplace.
This online learning course offers virtual learning allowing for home study with regular tutorial support and monthly lectures on key topics.
- Understanding Conflict Management in the Workplace
- Understanding Stress Management in the Workplace
- Understanding Recruitment and Selection of New Staff in the Workplace
- Understanding Health and Safety in the Workplace
- Managing Recruitment
- Managing Stress and Conflict in the Organisation
- Setting Objectives in the Workplace
- Understanding Discipline in the Workplace
- Understanding Leadership
- Planning and Allocating Work
- Developing and Leading Teams to Achieve Organisational Goals and Objectives
- Assessing Your Own Leadership Capability and Performance
- Delegating Authority in the Workplace
- Motivating People in the Workplace
- Managing Customer Relations
- Solving Problems by Making Effective Decisions
- Managing Efficiency and Effectiveness
- Managing Communication
Course units are assessed by written assignments, written questions, reflective reviews and learning logs.
Course fees can either be paid in full before the beginning of the course, on an annual basis, or via our ‘Pay As You Learn’ monthly payment scheme. A CAW Loans2Learn scheme is also available, details can be found below.
If you have not achieved your qualification by the planned end date detailed in your individual learning plan, continued support and course access is available by paying monthly direct debit payments until certification is achieved.
|Full Fee||Pay As You Learn|
|£1,864||£155 per month|
If the ILM Level 3 Certificate in Leadership and Management at CAW Business School has already been undertaken fees are reduced to a special rate of £1,295 (£108 per month).
Awarding Body Fees*
ILM fees: £143
* Awarding Body Fees are payable by all students or employers and recharged at cost and may be subject to change.
The CAW Loans2Learn scheme is a personal loan that can help you to spread the cost of your course into manageable payments. The loan can be used to fully or partially cover your course fees (but does not cover any awarding body fees, such as enrolment and examination fees). Please contact us for more information.
Sources of financial help can be found on our student finance page. Before making any financial decision it is recommended that you seek advice from an independent source, for example the Money Advice Service.
These are current figures and may be subject to change. The differences in course fees reflect the level of funding that is available as a result of government policies and priorities. These may be as a result of age, employment status, previous education achievements, or location for example, and are outside the control of CAW Business School.
The ILM Level 5 Certificate in Leadership and Management is a well-respected qualification that will make an impressive professional addition to your CV and stand you in good stead when applying for managerial or supervisory positions. Upon completion of the Level 5 Certificate in Leadership and Management, depending on your management experience you could become a Member (MInstLM) or Fellow Member (FInstLM) of the ILM.
This is a recognised qualification that will provide you with solid leadership and management skills, allowing you to make management decisions and confidently lead other staff members.
On completion of the ILM Level 5 Certificate in Leadership and Management you may wish to top up your qualification to the Level 5 Diploma, or look at taking a related qualification such as coaching and mentoring.
After you complete your studies with CAW Business School, you will be invited to join our alumni association, CAW Connect. CAW Connect is a social networking website and education hub which gives you the opportunity to connect with other alumni, enjoy industry discounts, make use of exclusive careers advice and resources, find new job opportunities and keep up-to-date with the latest industry news. Find out more about CAW Connect
"What an excellent, fun and valuable experience! I developed foundation skills required as a new inexperienced team leader. The interactive learning gave me opportunities to share work experiences with others, it was entertaining and helped bring the theory learning to life. A fabulous, empathetic and supportive tutor who sets realistic expectations to study around working a full time management role and implements the subjects being taught through setting the example with understanding students learning styles and neurodiversity. I never imagined I would return to being academic at my life stage, this course has given me confidence to progress into management roles further and is transferable into other professions".
Philippa Barclay, ILM Level 5 Certificate in Leadership and Management, August 2023
"I really enjoyed working through this well supported qualification. I was able to apply what I was learning to my new management role and develop my skills and confidence for this role. The taught sessions were interesting, relevant and participative with a mix of students across different management areas providing insight into other industries. Engagement with other students and the support of the tutor enabled an increase in understanding of common management issues, with discussions on a variety of methods and models to assist in improving team performance. The assignment support was excellent and my manager toolkit is very much fuller than it was. Overall the course helped me (and still is) think about situations differently and with a leadership perspective. A very valuable course for those stepping into a management role".
Kirsty Jones, ILM Level 5 Certificate in Leadership and Management, August 2023
“I have found the Level 5 Certificate in Leadership and Management invaluable. The support and encouragement offered by the staff is brilliant and the blended learning allows me to plan my studies around my work commitments. The study weekends are filled with informative and well structured sessions, Emma is an excellent lecturer, and these weekends offer a great opportunity to network with others in a simulated role. I would strongly recommend this course to anyone in, or progressing to, a management role”.
Holly Cooper, ILM Level 5 Certificate in Leadership and Management
What our Business School students say:
“I have enjoyed learning new skills and applying some of these to my current job”
“The tutors are very helpful and supportive and provide me with regular reviews on my progress”
“The course fits around my everyday work making this easy to complete”
“The tutors are extremely helpful and always manage to find time to provide support and answer any queries”