ILM Level 3 Certificate in Leadership and Management
Subject: Leadership and Management
Awarded by the ILM, this qualification is ideal if you are either in your first management role, or are looking to gain a qualification in order to progress into such as role.
The course will cover a range of key management skills and leadership styles, giving you the confidence to lead a team through the spectrum of management challenges. You will learn how to motivate and engage teams, deal with stress and conflict, confidently manage relationships – and much more!
ILM qualifications are respected by employers around the world, providing you with excellent career prospects; particularly when it comes to opportunities for progression into senior managerial positions.
As a student undertaking this qualification you will receive free studying membership with the ILM, which gives you access to a range of invaluable tools and resources that will compliment your management training. Studying memberships lasts for the length of your programme or a minimum of six months.
Free resources include:
- Learning Zone: an online toolkit with access to hundreds of management e-learning materials
- Resource centre: browse and download thousands of management books and magazines
- Business book summaries: overviews of more than 700 top business books
- Edge online: the latest management news and exclusive articles direct to your inbox
- Networking and events: specialist management events held across the UK and Ireland
- Attendance: Two study weekends and online learning
- Duration: 12 months
- Start date: 2/3 November 2019 and June 2020 (date tbc)
- Location: Study days take place at our Godmanchester centre (Near Huntingdon)
There are no formal academic entry requirements to undertake this qualification; we welcome applications from both those who are working in a supervisory/leadership role and those who are looking to gain this qualification to progress into such a role. If you are in the latter situation please note that you must have the opportunity to meet the assessment demands, please contact us if you have any questions about this.
This blended learning course offers a combination of online learning and study days allowing for home study with regular tutorial support and college-based lectures on key topics.
The following units will be completed:
- Understanding leadership
- Planning and allocating work
- Setting team objectives in the workplace
- Understanding stress management in the workplace
- Understanding conflict management in the workplace
- Understanding discipline in the workplace
- Understanding recruitment and selection of new staff in the workplace
- Understanding health and safety in the workplace
Course units are assessed by a written assignment, written questions and reflective reviews.
Course fees can either be paid in full before the beginning of the course, on an annual basis, or via our ‘Pay As You Learn’ monthly payment scheme
If you have not achieved your qualification by the planned end date detailed in your individual learning plan, continued support and course access is available by paying monthly direct debit payments until certification is achieved.
|Full Fee||Pay As You Learn|
|£1,864||£155 per month|
Awarding Body Fees*
ILM fees: £116
* Awarding Body Fees are payable by all students or employers and recharged at cost and may be subject to change.
Sources of financial help can be found on our student finance page. Before making any financial decision it is recommended that you seek advice from an independent source, for example the Money Advice Service.
These are current figures and may be subject to change. The differences in course fees reflect the level of funding that is available as a result of government policies and priorities. These may be as a result of age, employment status, previous education achievements, or location for example, and are outside the control of CAW Business School.
ILM management courses are well-respected and nationally recognised. The ILM Level 3 qualification will be a professional addition to your CV and stand you in good stead when applying for managerial or supervisory positions. Depending on your management experience, upon completion of the ILM Level 3 Leadership and Management qualification, you could become an Associate Member (AMInstLM) or Member (MInstLM) of the ILM.
After you complete your studies with CAW Business School, you will be invited to join our alumni association, CAW Connect. CAW Connect is a social networking website and education hub which gives you the opportunity to connect with other alumni, enjoy industry discounts, make use of exclusive careers advice and resources, find new job opportunities and keep up-to-date with the latest industry news. Find out more about CAW Connect
What our Business School students say:
“I have enjoyed learning new skills and applying some of these to my current job”
“The tutors are very helpful and supportive and provide me with regular reviews on my progress”
“The course fits around my everyday work making this easy to complete”
“The tutors are extremely helpful and always manage to find time to provide support and answer any queries”