Intermediate Apprenticeship in Business Administration (Level 2)
Subject: Business Administration
Effective administrative support underpins the success of every business, with business administration apprentices coming from public, private and charity sectors.
Providing the opportunity for your team to undergo apprenticeship training has many benefits to your organisation:
- Growing productivity: Maximise staff efficiency though the development of knowledge and increasing team motivation by developing a learning culture.
- Cost effective: Provide valuable opportunities which improve retention to minimising recruitment costs
- Develop your business: Affordable way to expand and improve your business
- Enhanced reputation: Provide customer reassurance by investing in trained staff.
Apprenticeships are suitable for both existing staff as well as for new recruits. Business Administration apprentices need to be employed with you in an administrative role and earning at least the minimum apprenticeship wage.
The CAW Business School has a well-earned reputation for excellence; delivering quality training and education and employer support. Your apprentice will benefit from:
- Tuition, support and assessment provided in the workplace, online and via email and telephone contact
- Support and guidance from an allocated, qualified Work-based Learning Assessor
- Access to our unique Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) and extensive eLibrary resources
- Attendance: As this qualification is work-based no college attendance is required. It is required that 20% of working time is spent studying ‘off-the-job’ activities.
- Duration: 14-18 months
- Start date: Any time during the year.
- Location: Your organisation must be within a 90 minute radius of Huntingdon (Cambridgeshire). However if your business is located outside of this area, please contact us as we may be able to meet your training needs.
There are no formal academic entry requirements however in order for you to have an apprentice they must be living and working in England in a suitable role within a 90 minute radius of our Huntingdon centre. In addition they cannot already hold a Level 2 (or above) qualification in a similar subject).
For the apprenticeship to be completed within 14-18 months the apprentice must be working a minimum of 30 hours per week. If they are employed for fewer hours then the length of their apprenticeship will be proportionately extended.
Should you be looking to recruit a new trainee to join your team we can help to advertise your vacancy and screen applicants free of charge, contact us for more information.
This apprenticeship consists of:
- City & Guilds NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration
- Functional Skills Level 1 in Maths, English and ICT
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- CFA Employment Rights and Responsibilities Workbook
The qualification consists of both mandatory and option units which all the qualification to be tailored to the needs of the organisation. Units undertaken will be discussed at induction to ensure they are the best fit.
- Communication in a business environment
- Principles of providing administrative services
- Principles of business document production and information management
- Understand employer organisations
- Manage personal performance and development
- Develop working relationships with colleagues
Optional units include:
- Meet and welcome visitors in a business environment
- Produce minutes of meetings
- Contribute to the organisation of an event
- Develop customer relations
- Know how to publish, integrate and share using social media
Level 1 Functional Skills in English and Maths will also be undertaken unless exempt.
Course assessment consists of completing online examinations and a portfolio, and passing work-based practical assessments.
Functional Skills are also assessed via online examinations and practical assessments.
Apprenticeship fees are payable by you as the employer.
Prior to commencing the course an invoice will be issued for the total course fee. There are, however, several payment options to choose from:
- Full Fee: Payment in full before the beginning of the course
- Annual: One payment prior to the start of the course followed by equal payments every 12 months thereafter
- Quarterly: One payment prior to the start of the course followed by payments every three months thereafter
- Monthly: One payment prior to the start of the course followed by monthly payments thereafter
If the qualification is not completed by the planned end date you will be able to pay monthly direct debit payments to allow your apprentice to continue to receive support and course access until certification is achieved.
As an employer you will either be an Apprenticeship Levy Payer (employers with over a £3 million pay bill) or Non-Levy Payers (employers with less than a £3 million pay bill).
Employ an apprentice aged 16-18 and save over £1,000!
If you take on an apprentice under 19 years of age, you will receive a £1,000 incentive from the government towards the training fees! In addition, if your organisation has less than 50 contracted employees the course fees will be reduced by a further £200!
Course fees for Apprenticeship Levy Payers
Course fees are made up of two parts; a digital account payment and college course fees, as below:
Digital account payment – £2,000
College course fees:
|£984||£491.79 per year||£164 every three months||£55 per month|
Course fees for Non-Levy Payers
Course fees for Non-Levy Payers are paid via co-investment with the government, meaning that the government provide some funding towards course fees. The additional fees that you will be required to pay are as follows:
|£1,184||£592 per year||£197 every three months||£66 per month|
Awarding Body Fees*
City & Guilds registration and certificate fees: £131.00
* Awarding Body Fees are payable by all employers and recharged at cost and may be subject to change.
Before making any financial decision it is recommended that you seek advice from an independent source, for example the Money Advice Service.
These are current figures and may be subject to change. The differences in course fees reflect the level of funding that is available as a result of government policies and priorities. These may be as a result of age, employment status, previous education achievements, or location for example, and are outside the control of CAW Business School.
All businesses – whether they are public, private or voluntary – need effective administrators in order to facilitate success within the workplace.
Following this qualification many employers choose to continue supporting their staff and develop them further such as by supporting them on the next level business administration training or related areas of business, such as Customer Service or Accounting and Bookkeeping.
“The CAW tutors are extremely helpful and always manage to find time to provide support and answer any queries. I am never left in any doubt as to what is required of me due to their complete understanding of the syllabus and so, in turn, my own understanding of the syllabus is improved. I am also easily able to fit the course around my work placement as the Tutors help to encourage a flexible learning rate so my work and my course do not clash.”
Paul Bradford, Intermediate Apprenticeship in Business Administration
“ The reason why I chose this course is because it puts me on the correct path for my later life goals. This course allows me to indicate the areas that I need to improve in and, on the other hand, where I do well. The part of the course that I enjoy the most is learning information on how businesses are administrated, as I feel like this knowledge will have a positive impact in regards to my progress within the business field of work. Since beginning my apprenticeship I have progressed in my job role by watching and practising the protocol of service, and this method of learning has allowed me to gain new skills.”.
Ethan Coulson, Business Administration Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship
Business and Administration vacancies in the South East
- Business Admin Apprentice
- Business and Administration Apprenticeship
- Business and Administration Apprenticeship
- Apprentice Admin Executive
- Apprentice Team Assistant - PRRT