City & Guilds Level 3 Diploma Customer Service
Subject: Customer Service
The City & Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Customer Service is ideal if you are already working in a customer facing role and are looking to expand your career prospects within your current workplace. The work-based nature of the course means that you can undertake the customer service training required to get ahead at work, and gain a nationally recognised qualification, without having to attend College.
Over the course of the qualification you will gain greater technical and managerial skills, as well as the ability to supervise others and apply the principles of customer service to the wider strategy of your department or organisation. Depending on your job role, the units you choose to undertake lead to gaining skills in areas such as managing team performance, developing customer relationships and promoting additional services to customers.
- Attendance: As this qualification is work-based no college attendance is required. Instead all tuition, support and assessment will be provided in the workplace, online and via email and telephone contact. Support is provided by one of the College’s work-based learning assessors and a mentor in your workplace is required.
- Duration: 14-16 months
- Start date: Any time during the year.
- Location: Your organisation must be within a 90 minute radius of Huntingdon, Potters Bar or Leeds. However if your business is located outside of this area, please contact us as we may be able to meet your training needs.
There are no formal academic entry requirements to undertake this qualification however the passion to learn new skills along with employment in a suitable customer service position with the ability to influence customer service provision within the role is necessary.
Our customer service courses are made up both mandatory and optional units.
- Organise and deliver customer service
- Understand the customer service environment
- Understand customers and customer retention
- Principles of business
- Manage personal and professional development
- Resolve customers’ problems
A range of optional units can then be chosen from such as the example below:
- Promote additional products and/or services to customers
- Develop customer relationships
- Champion customer service
- Use social media to deliver customer service
- Buddy a colleague to develop their skills
- Negotiate in a business environment
- Manage team performance
Course assessment consists of completing online examinations, creating a portfolio, and passing work-based practical assessments.
Course fees can either be paid in full before the beginning of the course, on an annual basis, or via our ‘Pay As You Learn’ monthly payment scheme. A CAW Loans2Learn scheme is also available, details can be found below.
If you have not achieved your qualification by the planned end date detailed in your individual learning plan, continued support and course access is available by paying monthly direct debit payments until certification is achieved.
|Full Fee||Annual||Pay As You Learn|
|£2,702||£1,350.83 per year||£113 per month|
Awarding Body Fees*
City & Guilds fees: £164
* Awarding Body Fees are payable by all students or employers and recharged at cost and may be subject to change.
The CAW Loans2Learn scheme is a personal loan that can help you to spread the cost of your course into manageable payments. The loan can be used to fully or partially cover your course fees (but does not cover any awarding body fees, such as enrolment and examination fees). Please contact us for more information.
Before making any financial decision it is recommended that you seek advice from an independent source, for example the Money Advice Service.
These are current figures and may be subject to change. The differences in course fees reflect the level of funding that is available as a result of government policies and priorities. These may be as a result of age, employment status, previous education achievements, or location for example, and are outside the control of CAW Business School.
Gaining a formal qualification in customer service puts you in an excellent position professionally, as the skills learnt through work-based customer service training can be applied to a wide range of industries.
This qualification will demonstrate to employers your practical skills and abilities, which will stand you in good stead when applying for future customer service roles, particularly in supervisory positions. In time, opportunities to progress into a management role within retail of a related industry may become available to you.
On completion of this course many students go onto undertake a higher level qualification, or complete formal training in a related subject, such as business administration or leadership and management, in order to expand on their existing skillset.
After you complete your studies with CAW Business School, you will be invited to join our alumni association, CAW Connect. CAW Connect is a social networking website and education hub which gives you the opportunity to connect with other alumni, enjoy industry discounts, make use of exclusive careers advice and resources, find new job opportunities and keep up-to-date with the latest industry news. Find out more about CAW Connect
What our Business School students say:
“I have enjoyed learning new skills and applying some of these to my current job”
“The tutors are very helpful and supportive and provide me with regular reviews on my progress”
“The course fits around my everyday work making this easy to complete”
“The tutors are extremely helpful and always manage to find time to provide support and answer any queries”