City & Guilds Level 3 Diploma Customer Service
Subject: Customer Service
This qualification is ideal for your team members that are working in a customer facing role and for which it would be beneficial to gain greater technical and managerial skills as well as apply the principles of customer service to the wider strategy of your organisation.
- Attendance: As this qualification is work-based no college attendance is required. Instead all tuition, support and assessment will be provided in the workplace, online and via email and telephone contact. Support is provided by one of the College’s work-based learning assessors and a mentor in your workplace is required.
- Duration: 18-24 months
- Start date: Any time during the year.
- Location: Your organisation must be within a 90 minute radius of Huntingdon, Potters Bar or Leeds. However if your business is located outside of this area, please contact us as we may be able to meet your training needs.
There are no formal academic entry requirements to undertake this qualification however the passion to learn new skills along with employment in a suitable customer service position with the ability to influence customer service provision within the role is necessary.
Our customer service courses are made up both mandatory and optional units.
- Organise and deliver customer service
- Understand the customer service environment
- Understand customers and customer retention
- Principles of business
- Manage personal and professional development
- Resolve customers’ problems
A range of optional units can then be chosen from such as the example below:
- Promote additional products and/or services to customers
- Develop customer relationships
- Champion customer service
- Use social media to deliver customer service
- Buddy a colleague to develop their skills
- Negotiate in a business environment
- Manage team performance
Course assessment consists of completing online examinations, creating a portfolio, and passing work-based practical assessments.
Course fees can either be paid in full before the beginning of the course, on an annual basis, or via our ‘Pay As You Learn’ monthly payment scheme
If your employee has not achieved your qualification by the planned end date detailed in their individual learning plan, continued support and course access is available by paying monthly direct debit payments until certification is achieved.
|Full Fee||Annual||Pay As You Learn|
|£2,702||£1,350.83 per year||£113 per month|
Awarding Body Fees*
City & Guilds fees: £151.90
* Awarding Body Fees are payable by all students or employers and recharged at cost and may be subject to change.
Before making any financial decision it is recommended that you seek advice from an independent source, for example the Money Advice Service.
These are current figures and may be subject to change. The differences in course fees reflect the level of funding that is available as a result of government policies and priorities. These may be as a result of age, employment status, previous education achievements, or location for example, and are outside the control of CAW Business School.
Completion of this qualification puts your team member in an excellent position professionally.
Following this qualification many employers choose to continue supporting their staff and develop them further such as by supporting them on training in related areas of business, such as Leadership and Management or Accounting and Bookkeeping.
What our Business School students say:
“I have enjoyed learning new skills and applying some of these to my current job”
“The tutors are very helpful and supportive and provide me with regular reviews on my progress”
“The course fits around my everyday work making this easy to complete”
“The tutors are extremely helpful and always manage to find time to provide support and answer any queries”
Customer Service vacancies in the South East
- SEAT Service Advisor Apprentice
- ŠKODA Service Advisor Apprentice
- Counter Assistant Apprentice
- Customer Service Apprentice
- Customer Service Apprentice