ILM Level 5 Diploma in Leadership & Management
Accredited by the Institute of Leadership and Management
Open All | Close All
You will undertake a range of units which are aimed at developing strategic leadership and management skills. For example ‘Assessing Your Own Leadership Capability’ explores effective leadership styles and motivation techniques used to achieve your organisation’s values and goals.
By undertaking this qualification you will develop your ability to lead and inspire, raise your profile in your organisation, and improve the efficiency of your business by creating an effective and motivated team.
Benefits to employers
- Develop strategic thinking for business improvement
- Professionally trained leaders who will be well equipped to deal with team management issues
- Proven skills
Membership of the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM)
Free resources include:
- Learning Zone: an online toolkit with access to hundreds of management e-learning materials
- Resource centre: browse and download thousands of management books and magazines
- Business book summaries: overviews of more than 700 top business books
- Edge online: the latest management news and exclusive articles direct to your inbox
- Networking and events: specialist management events held across the UK and Ireland
- Managing for efficiency and effectiveness
- Developing and leading teams to achieve organisational goals and objectives
- Assessing your own leadership capability and performance
- Manage stress and conflict in the organisation
- Managing recruitment
- Managing customer relations
- Delegating authority in the workplace
- Solving problems by making effective decisions in the workplace
March, June, September or November.
7 March 2015 – Solving problems by making effective decisions
8 March 2015 – Management communication and effective delegation
13 June 2015 – Managing conflict and stress in the workplace
14 June 2015 – Successful recruitment and selection of staff
19 September 2015 – Managing for efficiency and effectiveness
20 September 2015 – Managing customer relations
21 November 2015 – Theories and principles of leadership / motivating people
22 November 2015- Developing and leading teams to achieve organisational goals
Huntingdon is approximately a 30 minute drive from Peterborough, Bedford, Cambridge and Northamptonshire.
Progression and career opportunities
Sources of financial help can be found on our student finance page. If you will be 24 years of age or above at the start of your course you may be able to apply for one of the Government’s new 24+ Advanced Learning Loans.
If you have any questions regarding the payment of course fees please contact our administration team.
|Annual Fee Scheme (?)||Pay as You Learn Scheme (?)||ILM Fees*|
|£1,950||£110 per month||£166|
* These are current figures and may be subject to change.
If you are an oversees student wishing to take this programme please contact us for course fee information.
Before making any change in your financial undertakings it is recommended that you seek advice from an independent source, for example the Money Advice Service