E&D Competition of the Month: Zero Discrimination Day
Posted: 1 March 2017 at 9:09 am | Author: Alison German
This month’s prize competition topic is Zero Discrimination Day – enter and be in with a chance to win a £20 amazon voucher!
Zero Discrimination Day, celebrated on 1 March, is an annual worldwide event that promotes diversity and recognises that everyone counts. The day is actively promoted to celebrate everyone’s right to live a full life with dignity regardless of age, gender, sexuality, nationality, ethnicity, skin colour, height, weight, profession, education and beliefs.
In order to be in with a chance of winning a £20 amazon voucher, you simply need to submit an effort you have made to engage with and/or raise awareness of the topic Zero Discrimination Day to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 24 March 2017.
What you choose to submit is open to your interpretation, meaning you can enter anything you feel is relevant. This could be anything from artwork and videos, to personal stories, blogs, fundraising efforts or poems. If you’re struggling to think of ideas, you could send us…
- Artwork – Art has the power to create positive social change. Perhaps there is a particular societal problem involving discrimination that you care about. Why not create a poster or leaflet to highlight this?
- Personal stories – Is discrimination a part of your daily life? Do you have a story about a time when you were discriminated against? Sharing a personal story is an excellent way to break down stigma and open up discussion about a subject that is important to you.
- Blogs – Blogging is one of the most accessible ways to share your ideas with others, and there are endless possibilities when it comes to what you can write about. You could write about any form of discrimination, whether that is on the basis of religion, sexuality, gender, age, or profession.
These are just a few ideas. Remember – we will consider whatever you choose to submit, provided it fits the theme!
This competition is open to all students and staff at The College of Animal Welfare. Entries should be sent to email@example.com, or handed in to College, by Friday 24 March 2017.
- Study AAT online: Begin your career in finance with our flexible, online accounting & bookkeeping courses!
- Huge reduction in cost for the new Level 2 Accounts/Finance Assistant Apprenticeship Standard – Available Now!