#onelifeliveit So you want to study an apprenticeship?
By Lauren Daws
Thinking of studying an Apprenticeship?
If you want to earn a wage and gain real work experience at the same time as achieving a qualification, then an apprenticeship could be for you!
As an apprentice you would gain the practical skills and knowledge needed to succeed in the real world of work, whilst studying your apprenticeship qualification.
Top 5 reasons people choose to study an apprenticeship…
- Get paid to study! That’s right, as an apprentice you will not only get your training paid for by your employer, but will also be earning a salary!
- Get real experience: As an employee you will gain valuable work experience and life skills!
- Gain a recognised qualification: Apprenticeships are recognised and respected around the world!
- Learn job specific skills: Vital for future employment prospects and your CV!
- Real future prospects: According to the UK government’s apprenticeship website, over 90% of apprentices go straight into work or further training.
The sky’s the limit!
The career prospects once you have completed your apprenticeship are excellent. Statistics from the UK government’s apprenticeship website state that 92% of apprentices who went into work after completing their apprenticeship, felt that it had a positive impact on their career.
You should never underestimate how far real job experience can take you! Today’s job market is highly competitive and employers are looking for more than a qualification when making recruitment decisions.
Finding an apprenticeship…
You can find current apprenticeship vacancies on the government’s apprenticeship website. In addition, we work with a number of employers to help them recruit apprentices, you can find a list of current vacancies and sign up for alerts on our website.