E&D Competition of the Month: World Food Day (16 October)
Posted: 2 October 2017 at 8:33 am | Author: Alison German
This month’s prize competition topic is World Food Day – enter and be in with a chance to win a £20 amazon voucher!
World Food Day, celebrated on 16 October, is an annual worldwide day of action dedicated to tackling global hunger. The focus of the day is to promote food as a basic and fundamental human right, and to show commitment to providing food security and nutritious diets for all.
In order to be in with a chance of winning a £20 amazon voucher, you simply need to submit an effort you have made to engage with and/or raise awareness of the topic World Food Day to email@example.com by Wednesday 25 October 2017.
What you choose to submit is open to your interpretation, meaning you can enter anything you feel is relevant. This could be anything from artwork and videos, to personal stories, blogs, fundraising efforts or poems. If you’re struggling to think of ideas, you could send us…
- Artwork – Art has the power to create positive social change. Perhaps there is a particular societal problem involving food poverty or security that you care about. Why not create a poster or leaflet to highlight this?
- Personal stories – What role does food play in your life? Do you have any family dinner traditions you can tell us about? How about a meal that is special to you? Telling a personal story is a great way to reach out to others and break down stigma.
- Blogs – Blogging is one of the most accessible ways to share your ideas with others, and there are endless possibilities when it comes to what you can write about. You could write about cooking, baking, your favourite meals, food security and poverty, education… or cakes?!
These are just a few ideas. Remember – we will consider whatever you choose to submit, provided it fits the theme!
This competition is open to all students and staff at CAW Business School. Entries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, or handed in to College, by Wednesday 25 October 2017.
- Study AAT online: Begin your career in finance with our flexible, online accounting & bookkeeping courses!
- Huge reduction in cost for the new Level 2 Accounts/Finance Assistant Apprenticeship Standard – Available Now!