National Minimum Wage Rate Changes – 1 October 2015
Posted: 17 September 2015 at 9:54 am | Author: Laura Morris
It’s coming up to that time of year again. From Thursday October 1 2015 the National Minimum Wage hourly rates are increasing.
The new rates will be as below:
- £6.70 for those aged 21 and over – a 20p increase from £6.50
- £5.30 for 18 – 20 year olds – a 17p increase from £5.13
- £3.87 for Under 18 year olds – a 8p increase from £3.79
- £3.30 for apprentices in their first year or those aged 16 – 18. This is a 57p increase from £2.73
Please do remember that all increases must be implemented for both existing staff as well as for new recruits.
It is also worth noting that as of April 2016, the national living wage will be introduced. This is for workers who are aged over 25 and the hourly rate will be £7.20.
For further information about these changes please visit the gov.uk website.
- Study AAT online: Begin your career in finance with our flexible, online accounting & bookkeeping courses!