AAT Level 3 Advanced Certificate in Bookkeeping
Subject: Accounting & Bookkeeping
Awarded by the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT), the Level 3 Advanced Certificate in Bookkeeping is ideal for any of your team that are looking to enhance their existing skillset, and require an advanced level of skill and knowledge on this subject.
Following successful completion of the qualification the individual can then apply for professional status and use the designatory letters AATQB after their name. This indicates the highest standards of professional conduct and up to date technical knowledge.
- Attendance: Half Day Release (Tuesday mornings: 9.15am-1pm), Evening Course (Wednesday evenings: 5.30pm-8.30pm) or Distance Learning (No college attendance, start at any time)
- Duration: Five months
- Next start dates: September 2020
- Location: Godmanchester (Near Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire)
Whilst there are no formal academic entry requirements to undertake the AAT Level 3 Certificate in Bookkeeping, competency in manual double-entry bookkeeping along with basic maths and English skills are necessary.
This bookkeeping qualification offers a combination of classroom lessons, regular tutorial support and online study.
The following three units will be studied:
- Preparation of final accounts for sole traders, developing your understanding of accounting systems and the environment and principles under which organisations operate.
- Accounting adjustments and accounting for fixed assets.
- Understanding current VAT regulations and building your knowledge of VAT registration requirements, different VAT scheme available, penalties for non-compliance and the different types of classification of supplies.
- Performing the calculations needed to complete a VAT return.
- Submitting completed documentation in a timely manner while maintaining an effective working relationship with the relevant tax authority.
Final Accounts Preparation
- Legal requirements and preparation of partnership accounts, showing division of profits after adjusting for interest on capital, interest on drawings and any salaries due to each partner.
- Preparation of final accounts for partnerships and developing skills in restructuring accounting information.
- Preparing final accounts for sole traders, including the accounting treatment required to incorporate accruals and prepayments, provision for depreciation, irrecoverable debts and allowance for doubtful debts.
Computer based exams or projects will be undertaken. As we are an AAT accredited exam centre these exams can be taken at College without the need to travel to an external exam centre.
Course fees can either be paid in full before the beginning of the course, on an annual basis, or via our ‘Pay As You Learn’ monthly payment scheme.
If your employee has not achieved your qualification by the planned end date continued support and course access is available by paying monthly direct debit payments until certification is achieved.
|Full Fee||Pay As You Learn|
|£1,049||£210 per month|
Awarding Body Fees*
Payment for AAT membership, exam fees (approximately £129*) and textbooks will also be required.
* Awarding Body Fees are payable by all students or employers and recharged at cost and may be subject to change.
The differences in course fees reflect the level of funding that is available as a result of government policies and priorities. These may be as a result of age, employment status, previous education achievements, or location for example, and are outside the control of CAW Business School.
Following completion of the AAT Level 3 Bookkeeping qualification your employee may wish to continue their studies by applying for the AAT Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting. For this course exemptions from certain modules will apply.
Their course tutor, or a member of our Customer Advice Team, will help to determine the most suitable progression course.
What our AAT students say…
We asked our students what aspects of their AAT course they have most enjoyed. Here are some of the things they had to say!
- “Learning new skills, socialising with people within a similar field of work and with similar goals”
- “I have really enjoyed the classes and follow up activities for homework. The resources are very good”
- “Manageable sections. Broken down so not overloaded with information”
- “Good tutor making a hard subject easy to understand with good examples”
Accounting vacancies in the South East