AAT Level 4 Professional Diploma in Accounting
Subject: Accounting & Bookkeeping
Awarded by the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT), the AAT Level 4 Professional Diploma in Accounting is the advanced and final level of the internationally recognised AAT qualification.
This qualification is ideal for your team member to learn how to accomplish a range of higher level accounting tasks including drafting financial statements, managing budgets, evaluating financial performance and preparing personal and business tax returns.
Should the ultimate goal be to study towards professional accountancy qualifications, generous study exemptions from UK chartered, certified and management accountancy bodies will also apply.
- Attendance: Half Day Release (Monday mornings: 9.15am-1pm), Evening course (Monday evenings: 5.30pm-8.30pm) or Distance Learning (No college attendance, start at any time)
- Duration: 18 months
- Next start dates: September 2020
- Location: Godmanchester (Near Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire)
Enrolment on this qualification requires competency in complex double-entry bookkeeping and the AAT Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting to have been previously completed.
The Level 4 Accounting course offers a combination of classroom lessons, regular tutorial support and online study.
The following five mandatory units will be studied:
Financial Statements of Limited Companies
- The external reporting environment for limited companies and groups which need to publish accounts.
- Principles of consolidated accounts, and analysis and interpretation of financial statements.
- Preparing a range of financial statements and identifying an organisation’s financial position.
Management Accounting: Budgeting
- How and why budgets are prepared, helping you prepare revenue forecasts and a range of budgets for different circumstances.
- Understanding budgetary procedure to aid organisational planning and control.
- Preparing budgets, analysing variances and making recommendations for improving organisational performance.
Management Accounting: Decision and Control
- Managing and measuring financial performance; the range of techniques for analysing information on expenditure and making judgements to support decision making, planning and control by managers.
- Collecting and analysing information, monitoring performance and presenting reports to management.
Accounting Systems and Controls
- Identifying the role of internal control within an organisation and recognising different approaches to making informed recommendations on how to implement or improve systems.
- Communicating this to management and identifying the impact that changes would have on the system and its users.
- How Income Tax and Capital Gains Tax is applied to income.
- Calculating Income Tax liabilities and income from all sources.
- Applying relevant allowances, deductions and reliefs to prepare accurate Income Tax computations.
One of the following optional units will then be selected:
- Preparing tax returns for sole traders, partnerships and incorporated businesses.
- Recognise trading profits, make adjustments and apply current relevant legislation.
- Managing the granting of credit and collection of monies owed in compliance with relevant legislation, good practice and organisational policy
- Understanding the implication of insolvency
- Calculating and interpreting key ratios to assess credit worthiness
Computer based exams or projects will be undertaken. As we are an AAT accredited exam centre these exams can be taken at College without the need to travel to an external exam centre.
Course fees can either be paid in full before the beginning of the course, on an annual basis, or via our ‘Pay As You Learn’ monthly payment scheme.
If your employee has not achieved your qualification by the planned end date continued support and course access is available by paying monthly direct debit payments until certification is achieved.
|Full Fee||Annual||Pay As You Learn|
|£2,086||£1,048 per year||£116 per month|
Awarding Body Fees*
Payment for AAT membership, exam fees (approximately £266*) and textbooks will also be required.
* Awarding Body Fees are payable by all students or employers and recharged at cost and may be subject to change.
These are current figures and may be subject to change. The differences in course fees reflect the level of funding that is available as a result of government policies and priorities. These may be as a result of age, employment status, previous education achievements, or location for example, and are outside the control of CAW Business School.
Following completion of the AAT Level 4 qualification your employee will be able to apply to become an AAT full member and use the letters MAAT after their name.
Should you wish to encourage your team members to progress further to become a chartered accountant all the UK chartered and certified accountancy bodies recognised the AAT Accounting qualification will therefore offer exemptions from certain modules.
What our AAT students say…
We asked our students what aspects of their AAT course they have most enjoyed. Here are some of the things they had to say!
- “Learning new skills, socialising with people within a similar field of work and with similar goals”
- “I have really enjoyed the classes and follow up activities for homework. The resources are very good”
- “Manageable sections. Broken down so not overloaded with information”
- “Good tutor making a hard subject easy to understand with good examples”
“I really like the time that we are given by the tutors, especially regarding sitting exams. I previously studied with another provider and everything seemed muddled and rushed. At The College of Animal Welfare, Emma has taken time to analyse my capabilities and strengths and weaknesses. She sits with each student and gives them individual, one-to-one time. If she felt that I wasn’t ready to take an exam she would tell me. She is 100% supportive. If I ever email Emma she always responds straight away. The environment is very quiet to study and is a beautiful venue. As English is not my first language I find a lot of support and help on the VLE and from other resources, to help me with the English”. Julie Shodiya, AAT Level 4 Diploma in Accounting
"The tutors at CAW are very approachable and happy to help with any assistance you require. They also had a very good understanding of the course content, along with a good way of delivering that to me, so I could fully understand the AAT syllabus. The AAT course that CAW provides is flexible and was fitted around my work which made my life easier. The classrooms were well laid out in a way where you felt included with every member of my class, and IT facilities were always available to use". Joe Kokotka AAT Level 4 Diploma in Accounting George Hay Chartered Accountants
Accounting vacancies in the South East