ILM Level 3 Award in Coaching
Subject: Coaching and Mentoring
Awarded by the ILM, this nationally recognised qualification is ideal if you are involved in coaching and supporting staff in your workplace; particularly if you are new to a supervisory or leadership role and are looking for formal training.
The ILM Level 3 Award in Coaching is respected by employers around the world, providing you with excellent career prospects. You will learn tools and techniques that will enable you to succeed in coaching at work; ensuring that you equip staff with the skills, knowledge and understanding they need to perform at their best in your organisation
As a student on this programme you will receive free studying membership with the ILM, which gives you access to a range of invaluable tools and resources that will help you get the most from your formal training. Studying memberships lasts for the length of your programme or a minimum of six months.
Free resources include:
- Learning Zone: an online toolkit with access to hundreds of management e-learning materials
- Resource centre: browse and download thousands of management books and magazines
- Business book summaries: overviews of more than 700 top business books
- Edge online: the latest management news and exclusive articles direct to your inbox
Networking and events: specialist management events held across the UK and Ireland
- Attendance: Four half days delivered virtually and online learning (9am - 1.30am)
- Duration: Six months
- Dates for the next courses:
- November 2023: 23 Nov, 30 Nov, 7 Dec and 14 Dec 2023
- June 2024: 20 June, 27 June, 4 July, 10 July and 18 July 2024 (additional drop-in session)
- November 2024: 5 Nov, 12 Nov, 19 Nov, 26 Nov and 3 Dec 2024 (additional drop-in session)
- Location: Virtual
There are no formal academic entry requirements to work towards this qualification. However, you should be in a role involved in coaching and mentoring other team members and be able to show a dedication to developing the individual talents of other colleagues.
This blended learning course offers a combination of online learning and study days allowing for home study with regular tutorial support and college-based lectures on key topics.
The following units will be completed:
Understanding Good Practice in Workplace Coaching
- Purpose of coaching (What is coaching?)
- Role and responsibilities of a coach
- Behaviours and characteristics of a coach
- How to manage a coaching process
- Agreeing goals
- Tools and techniques
- Record keeping
- Barriers to coaching
Undertaking Coaching in the Workplace
- Prepare and plan coaching sessions
- Agreeing learning goals
- Using diagnostic and assessment tools
- Techniques of listening effectively
- Collecting feedback
Reflecting on Workplace Coaching Skills
- Reflect on own activity
- Assess effectiveness of feedback given
- Draw conclusions on your own abilities
- Create a relevant personal development plan
Completion of the ILM Level 3 qualification requires the completion of three written assignments and evidence of a minimum of six hours of recorded coaching and mentoring.
Course fees must be settled prior to the start of the course.
If your employee has not achieved your qualification by the planned end date detailed in their individual learning plan, continued support and course access is available by paying monthly direct debit payments until certification is achieved.
Course Fee - £473 plus £83 Awarding Body Fee*
* Awarding Body Fees are payable by all students or employers and recharged at cost and may be subject to change.
The CAW Loans2Learn scheme is a personal loan that can help you to spread the cost of your course into manageable payments. The loan can be used to fully or partially cover your course fees (but does not cover any awarding body fees, such as enrolment and examination fees). Please contact us for more information.
Sources of financial help can be found on our student finance page. Before making any financial decision it is recommended that you seek advice from an independent source, for example the Money Advice Service.
These are current figures and may be subject to change. The differences in course fees reflect the level of funding that is available as a result of government policies and priorities. These may be as a result of age, employment status, previous education achievements, or location for example, and are outside the control of CAW Business School.
On completion of this course you should be more confident in coaching others and assessing your own skills and areas for improvement. This will stand you in good stead when applying for higher level coaching or leadership roles.
You may wish to continue studying to a higher level in coaching by undertaking the Level 5 Certificate in Coaching and Mentoring or undertake a related qualification such as the Level 3 Certificate in Leadership and Management which will further prepare you for more advanced managerial positions.
After you complete your studies with CAW Business School, you will be invited to join our alumni association, CAW Connect. CAW Connect is a social networking website and education hub which gives you the opportunity to connect with other alumni, enjoy industry discounts, make use of exclusive careers advice and resources, find new job opportunities and keep up-to-date with the latest industry news. Find out more about CAW Connect.
What our Business School students say:
“I have enjoyed learning new skills and applying some of these to my current job”
“The tutors are very helpful and supportive and provide me with regular reviews on my progress”
“The course fits around my everyday work making this easy to complete”
“The tutors are extremely helpful and always manage to find time to provide support and answer any queries”