ILM Level 5 Certificate in Effective Coaching and Mentoring
Subject: Coaching and Mentoring
Awarded by the ILM, this professional qualification is designed to develop your ability to influence, guide and develop those around you. Ideal for those looking to progress into more advanced supervisory roles; you will cover the differences between coaching and mentoring, and learn how to encourage personal growth and responsibility within the workplace.
An ILM Level 5 qualification provides excellent career prospects, as ILM qualifications are nationally recognised and respected by employers around the world.
As a student on this programme you will receive free studying membership with the ILM, which gives you access to a range of invaluable tools and resources that will help you get the most from your formal training. Studying memberships lasts for the length of your programme or a minimum of six months.
Free resources include:
- Learning Zone: an online toolkit with access to hundreds of management e-learning materials
- Resource centre: browse and download thousands of management books and magazines
- Business book summaries: overviews of more than 700 top business books
- Edge online: the latest management news and exclusive articles direct to your inbox
Networking and events: specialist management events held across the UK and Ireland
- Attendance: Four half days and online learning - 9am - 1.30pm
- Duration: Six months
- Dates for the next courses:
- November 2023: 23 Nov, 30 Nov, 7 Dec and 14 Dec 2023
- June 2024: 20 June, 27 June, 4 July, 10 July and 18 July 2024 (additional drop-in session)
- November 2024: 5 Nov, 12 Nov, 19 Nov, 26 Nov and 3 Dec 2024 (additional drop-in session)
- Location: Virtual delivery. No physical college attendance is required
There are no formal academic entry requirements to work towards this qualification. However, you should be working in a role where you are involved in coaching and mentoring other members of staff, and be dedicated to developing the individual talents of colleagues within the workplace.
This blended learning course offers a combination of online learning and study days allowing for home study with regular tutorial support and college-based lectures on key topics.
The following mandatory units will be studied:
- Understanding the skills principles and practice of effective coaching and mentoring within an organisational context
- Undertaking effective coaching or mentoring within an organisational context
- Reviewing own ability as a coach or mentor within an organisational context
Completion of this ILM Level 5 Certificate qualification requires the completion of one written assignment and a combination of a reflective journal and portfolio.
Two or Three coachees or mentees are required alongside a minimum of 18 hours recorded practical evidence.
Course fees can either be paid in full before the beginning of the course, on an annual basis, or via our ‘Pay As You Learn’ monthly payment scheme. A CAW Loans2Learn scheme is also available, details can be found below.
If you have not achieved your qualification by the planned end date detailed in your individual learning plan, continued support and course access is available by paying monthly direct debit payments until certification is achieved.
|Full Fee||Pay As You Learn|
|£1,313||£146 per month|
Awarding Body Fees*
* Awarding Body Fees are payable by all students or employers and recharged at cost and may be subject to change.
Sources of financial help can be found on our student finance page. Before making any financial decision it is recommended that you seek advice from an independent source, for example the Money Advice Service.
The CAW Loans2Learn scheme is a personal loan that can help you to spread the cost of your course into manageable payments. The loan can be used to fully or partially cover your course fees (but does not cover any awarding body fees, such as enrolment and examination fees). Please contact us for more information.
These are current figures and may be subject to change. The differences in course fees reflect the level of funding that is available as a result of government policies and priorities. These may be as a result of age, employment status, previous education achievements, or location for example, and are outside the control of CAW Business School.
On completion of the qualification you should understand the differences between coaching and mentoring, and be able to confidently and effectively mentor and coach others.
You may wish to continue studying to a higher level in coaching by undertaking a related qualification such as the Level 5 Certificate in Leadership and Management which will prepare you for senior management positions. An ILM coaching qualification will stand you in a strong position when applying for future jobs.
What our Business School students say:
“I have enjoyed learning new skills and applying some of these to my current job”
“The tutors are very helpful and supportive and provide me with regular reviews on my progress”
“The course fits around my everyday work making this easy to complete”
“The tutors are extremely helpful and always manage to find time to provide support and answer any queries”