City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma Customer Service
Subject: Customer Service
This qualification is ideal if you’re working in a customer facing role and looking for formal, practical customer service training, with the opportunity to gain a nationally recognised qualification at the same time. Over the course of the qualification you will develop a range of transferable skills that can be applied across all industries, such as the ability to deal with customers effectively on all levels – whether by phone, face to face, by email or to internal colleagues.
- Attendance: As this qualification is work-based no college attendance is required. Instead all tuition, support and assessment will be provided in the workplace, online and via email and telephone contact. Support is provided by one of the College’s work-based learning assessors and a mentor in your workplace is required.
- Duration: 14-18 months
- Start date: Any time during the year.
- Location: Your organisation must be within a 90 minute radius of Huntingdon, Potters Bar or Leeds. However if your business is located outside of this area, please contact us as we may be able to meet your training needs.
There are no formal academic entry requirements to undertake this qualification however employment in a suitable customer service environment is a must along with the enthusiasm to learn new skills.
Our customer service courses are made up both mandatory and optional units.
- Deliver customer service
- Understand customers
- Principles of customer service
- Understand employer organisations
- Manage personal performance and development
A range of optional units can then be chosen from such as the example below:
- Communicate verbally with customers
- Deliver customer service to challenging customers
- Process information about customers
- Gather, analyse and interpret customer feedback
- Manage diary systems
- Develop working relationships with colleagues
Course assessment consists of completing online examinations, creating a portfolio, and passing work-based practical assessments.
Course fees can either be paid in full before the beginning of the course, on an annual basis, or via our ‘Pay As You Learn’ monthly payment scheme
If you have not achieved your qualification by the planned end date detailed in your individual learning plan, continued support and course access is available by paying monthly direct debit payments until certification is achieved.
|Full Fee||Annual||Pay As You Learn|
|£961||£480.38 per year||£53 per month|
Awarding Body Fees*
City & Guilds fees: £126.00
* Awarding Body Fees are payable by all students or employers and recharged at cost and may be subject to change.
Before making any financial decision it is recommended that you seek advice from an independent source, for example the Money Advice Service.
These are current figures and may be subject to change. The differences in course fees reflect the level of funding that is available as a result of government policies and priorities. These may be as a result of age, employment status, previous education achievements, or location for example, and are outside the control of CAW Business School.
This qualification will demonstrate to employers that you are dedicated to a career in customer service. The practical skills and abilities developed over the course of the qualification will help you stand out when applying for future customer service roles. In time, opportunities to progress into a management role within retail, service or related industry may become available to you.
You may wish to pursue further customer service training with us, by studying towards the Level 3 Diploma in Customer Service. Alternatively, many students go on to take qualifications in a related subject, such as Business Administration or Leadership and Management, in order to gain further understanding of the business environment whilst expanding on their existing skillset.
After you complete your studies with CAW Business School, you will be invited to join our alumni association, CAW Connect. CAW Connect is a social networking website and education hub which gives you the opportunity to connect with other alumni, enjoy industry discounts, make use of exclusive careers advice and resources, find new job opportunities and keep up-to-date with the latest industry news. Find out more about CAW Connect
What our Business School students say:
“I have enjoyed learning new skills and applying some of these to my current job”
“The tutors are very helpful and supportive and provide me with regular reviews on my progress”
“The course fits around my everyday work making this easy to complete”
“The tutors are extremely helpful and always manage to find time to provide support and answer any queries”
Customer Service vacancies in the South East
- Customer Service Apprentice
- EuroVans Volkswagen Van Centre Eastbourne Service Advisor Apprentice
- Apprentice Customer Service Representative
- Apprentice Customer Service Practitioner
- Apprentice Customer Service Practitioner