City & Guilds NVQ Level 4 Diploma in Business and Professional Administration
Subject: Business Administration
Aimed at those who have significant experience of working in a senior administrative position with management responsibilities and decision making opportunities, this qualification will enhance established business, managerial and administration skills, allowing greater contribution to organisational strategies.
Applicants should be either in, or about to be in, a managerial role; example job roles include office manager, administration team leader or business development executive.
- Attendance: As this qualification is work-based no college attendance is required. Instead all tuition, support and assessment will be provided in the workplace, online and via email and telephone contact. Support is provided by one of the College’s work-based learning assessors and a mentor in the workplace is required.
- Duration: 24-28 months
- Start date: Any time during the year.
- Location: Your organisation must be within a 90 minute radius of Huntingdon (Cambridgeshire). However if your business is located outside of this area, please contact us as we may be able to meet your training needs.
In order to enrol onto this course you must have achieved the NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Business Administration or a suitable equivalent; please contact us if you are unsure about whether you are eligible to apply for this programme. You must also be working in a suitable administration environment in a senior role.
The course allows established business, managerial and administration skills to be improved. The following mandatory units are undertaken:
- Communicate in a business environment
- Manage personal and professional development
- Manage the work of an administrative function
- Resolve administrative problems
A range of optional units can then be chosen from, examples of these include:
- Initiate and implement operational change
- Manage events
- Manage conflict within a team
- Recruitment, selection and induction practice
- Conduct quality audits
- Manage a project
- Champion customer service
Course assessment consists of completing online examinations and a portfolio, and passing work-based practical assessments.
Course fees can either be paid in full before the beginning of the course, on an annual basis, or via our ‘Pay As You Learn’ monthly payment scheme
If you have not achieved your qualification by the planned end date detailed in your individual learning plan, continued support and course access is available by paying monthly direct debit payments until certification is achieved.
|Full Fee||Annual||Pay As You Learn|
|£2,699||£900 per year||£156 per month|
Awarding Body Fees*
City & Guilds fees: £188.00
* Awarding Body Fees are payable by all students or employers and recharged at cost and may be subject to change.
If you are over 19 years of age you may be entitled to apply for an Advanced Learner Loan to help fund your studies! (England only)
Sources of financial help can be found on our student finance page. Before making any financial decision it is recommended that you seek advice from an independent source, for example the Money Advice Service.
These are current figures and may be subject to change. The differences in course fees reflect the level of funding that is available as a result of government policies and priorities. These may be as a result of age, employment status, previous education achievements, or location for example, and are outside the control of CAW Business School.
This qualification will demonstrate to employers your proven managerial, business and administration skills and abilities, standing you in good stead when applying for senior administrative or managerial positions. Administrative staff are in high demand in the public, private and charity sectors, meaning that your career prospects are wide ranging. You could even use your newfound skills to set up your own business!
On completion of business administration training, you could also look at undertaking a higher education course or a related professional qualification such as ILM Leadership and Management or Coaching and Mentoring.
After you complete your studies with CAW Business School, you will be invited to join our alumni association, CAW Connect. CAW Connect is a social networking website and education hub which gives you the opportunity to connect with other alumni, enjoy industry discounts, make use of exclusive careers advice and resources, find new job opportunities and keep up-to-date with the latest industry news. Find out more about CAW Connect
What our Business School students say:
“I have enjoyed learning new skills and applying some of these to my current job”
“The tutors are very helpful and supportive and provide me with regular reviews on my progress”
“The course fits around my everyday work making this easy to complete”
“The tutors are extremely helpful and always manage to find time to provide support and answer any queries”
Business and Administration vacancies in the South East
- Business Administration Apprentice
- Business Administration Apprentice
- Law Firm Administration Apprentice