Student Volunteering Week – 19-25 February 2018
Posted: 19 February 2018 at 2:48 pm | Author: Lauren Daws
If you’re looking for a way to gain experience in your chosen field of work, why not consider volunteering? As well as giving you valuable knowledge and experience, it can help you to stand out against other candidates when applying for future jobs.
What can volunteering give you?
- New skills and knowledge – developing new skills and knowledge before you get a job in the industry can make you a more likely choice to an employer.
- Making yourself known – while volunteering, if a job within the company comes up, you could be in with more of a chance of getting it because you’re familiar to the company.
- Meeting new people – while volunteering, you might get the chance to meet someone who is either looking to get into the same career as you, or already has a job in the career. This can give you the opportunity to learn things about the role you might not have known otherwise.
- Shows motivation and ambition – taking time out of your day to volunteer within a company shows employers that you’re willing to go the extra mile.
- Adds experience – If you’re currently unemployed or still in education, volunteering can help to fill any employment gaps.
- Helps you to stand out – employers aren’t just looking for straight As, they want someone who is hard working and motivated, and what better way to demonstrate this that volunteering your time free of charge!
- Helps you to find the right career – volunteering within a profession can give you an idea of whether or not it’s the right career move for you.
To find out more about how you can get involved in volunteering opportunities within your local community, visit https://do-it.org/.
- Huge reduction in cost for the new Level 2 Accounts/Finance Assistant Apprenticeship Standard – Available Now!