World Leadership Day – 8 February 2018
Posted: 8 February 2018 at 12:52 pm | Author: Lauren Daws
As a leader or manager you get the opportunity to have a direct influence on those around you, so why not get inspired this World Leadership Day and see how you can make a difference in your workplace.
Five ways to motivate your team
- Do something you’re passionate about – In order to make a positive impact, you have to be passionate about your work. Showing your colleagues that you enjoy coming to work every morning can help to motivate them to feel the same way.
- Work with your team – Communication in the workplace is key, working closely with your team will allow you to build stronger working relationships with them and therefore create a better working environment.
- Leave room for contributions – Part of being a well-respected leader is allowing others to have a say. Asking your colleagues if they have any ideas that they would like to contribute can allow them to feel more involved in any decisions that are made.
- Set achievable goals – Whilst you may have high standards of your colleagues, the targets you set them should be achievable. Having unrealistic standards of your colleagues can make them overwhelmed and potentially create a negative working environment.
- Reward all victories – While some achievements may seem small, recognising them can help to motivate your team.
If you’re interested in learning more about leadership and management, why not check out our the ILM courses we have to offer, at https://goo.gl/jBX1GX.
- Huge reduction in cost for the new Level 2 Accounts/Finance Assistant Apprenticeship Standard – Available Now!