ILM Level 3 Certificate in Effective Coaching and Mentoring
Subject: Coaching and Mentoring
This nationally recognised qualification is ideal for those staff members that are perhaps new to their role or are looking for formal training to help them get the best out of colleagues in the workplace.
Free studying memberships with the ILM is included which will provide access to a range of tools and resources to help get the most from the formal training provided.
- Attendance: Two study days and online learning
- Duration: Six months
- Start date: 3 October 2019, second study day is 11 November 2019
- Location: Study days take place at our Godmanchester centre (Near Huntingdon)
There are no formal academic entry requirements to work towards this qualification. However, your staff member should be in a role involved in coaching and mentoring other team members and be able to show a dedication to developing the individual talents of other colleagues.
This blended learning course offers a combination of online learning and study days allowing for home study with regular tutorial support and college-based lectures on key topics.
The following units are mandatory:
- Understanding Good Practice in Coaching within an Organisational Context
- Understanding Good Practice in Mentoring within in Organisational Context
Selection of optional units are then required as below:
- Undertaking an extended period of coaching within an organisation
- Reflecting on coaching skills within an organisational context
- Undertaking an extended period of mentoring within an organisation
- Reflecting on mentoring skills within an organisational context
Completion of this ILM Level 3 Certificate qualification requires the completion of two written assignments and a combination of a reflective journal and portfolio.
One or Two coachees or mentees are required alongside a minimum of 12 hours recorded practical evidence.
Course fees are payable in full prior to the start of the course.
If your employee has not achieved your qualification by the planned end date detailed in their individual learning plan, continued support and course access is available by paying monthly direct debit payments until certification is achieved.
Course Fee - £473 plus £116 Awarding Body Fee*
* Awarding Body Fees are payable by all students or employers and recharged at cost and may be subject to change.
Before making any financial decision it is recommended that you seek advice from an independent source, for example the Money Advice Service.
These are current figures and may be subject to change. The differences in course fees reflect the level of funding that is available as a result of government policies and priorities. These may be as a result of age, employment status, previous education achievements, or location for example, and are outside the control of CAW Business School.
Following this qualification many employers choose to continue supporting their staff and develop them further such as by supporting them to undertake a related qualification such as the Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management.
What our Business School students say:
“I have enjoyed learning new skills and applying some of these to my current job”
“The tutors are very helpful and supportive and provide me with regular reviews on my progress”
“The course fits around my everyday work making this easy to complete”
“The tutors are extremely helpful and always manage to find time to provide support and answer any queries”