ILM Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management
Subject: Leadership and Management
Awarded by the ILM, this professional qualification is ideal if you are currently working in a middle management role and are looking to progress into senior management and raise your profile in your organisation.
You will undertake a range of units which are aimed at developing strategic leadership and management skills. You will increase your confidence and abilities in leading, motivating and inspiring people and use core management skills to achieve results through an efficient and effective team approach. This blended learning course offers a combination of online learning and study days allowing for home study with regular tutorial support and college-based lectures on key topics.
As a student undertaking this qualification you will receive free studying membership with the ILM, which gives you access to a range of invaluable tools and resources that will compliment your management training. Studying memberships lasts for the length of your programme or a minimum of six months.
Free resources include:
- Learning Zone: an online toolkit with access to hundreds of management e-learning materials
- Resource centre: browse and download thousands of management books and magazines
- Business book summaries: overviews of more than 700 top business books
- Edge online: the latest management news and exclusive articles direct to your inbox
- Networking and events: specialist management events held across the UK and Ireland
- Attendance: Four study weekends and online learning
- Duration: 18 months
- Start date: 7/8 September 2019, 2/3 November 2019, March 2020, June 2020 (dates TBC)
- Location: Study days take place at our Godmanchester centre (Near Huntingdon)
There are no formal academic entry requirements to undertake this programme however you must be working in a role with significant span of control and management responsibility. If you would like to discuss whether you can meet the assessment demands please contact us.
This blended learning course offers a combination of online learning and study days allowing for home study with regular tutorial support and college-based lectures on key topics.
The following units will be undertaken:
08 & 09 June 2019
- Understanding Conflict Management in the Workplace
- Understanding Stress Management in the Workplace
- Understanding Recruitment and Selection of New Staff in the Workplace
- Understanding Health and Safety in the Workplace
- Managing Recruitment
- Managing Stress and Conflict in the Organisation
07 & 08 September 2019
- Solving Problems by Making Effective Decisions
- Managing Efficiency and Effectiveness
- Managing Communication
02 & 03 November 2019
- Setting Objectives in the Workplace
- Understanding Discipline in the Workplace
- Understanding Leadership
- Planning and Allocating Work
- Developing and Leading Teams to Achieve Organisational Goals and Objectives
- Assessing Your Own Leadership Capability and Performance
- Delegating Authority in the Workplace
- Motivating People in the Workplace
- Managing Customer Relations
Course units are assessed by written assignments, written questions, reflective reviews and learning logs.
Course fees can either be paid in full before the beginning of the course, on an annual basis, or via our ‘Pay As You Learn’ monthly payment scheme
If you have not achieved your qualification by the planned end date detailed in your individual learning plan, continued support and course access is available by paying monthly direct debit payments until certification is achieved.
|Full Fee||Pay As You Learn|
|£2,950||£165 per month|
Awarding Body Fees*
ILM fees: £179
* Awarding Body Fees are payable by all students or employers and recharged at cost and may be subject to change.
Sources of financial help can be found on our student finance page. Before making any financial decision it is recommended that you seek advice from an independent source, for example the Money Advice Service.
These are current figures and may be subject to change. The differences in course fees reflect the level of funding that is available as a result of government policies and priorities. These may be as a result of age, employment status, previous education achievements, or location for example, and are outside the control of CAW Business School.
This is a well-respected qualification that will be a professional addition to your CV and stand you in good stead when applying for managerial or supervisory positions. Upon completion of the Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management qualification, depending on your management experience you could become a Member (MInstLM) or Fellow Member (FInstLM) of the ILM.
This professionally recognised qualification will provide you with solid leadership and managerial skills, allowing you to make management decisions and confidently lead other staff members.
After you complete your studies with CAW Business School, you will be invited to join our alumni association, CAW Connect. CAW Connect is a social networking website and education hub which gives you the opportunity to connect with other alumni, enjoy industry discounts, make use of exclusive careers advice and resources, find new job opportunities and keep up-to-date with the latest industry news. Find out more about CAW Connect
What our Business School students say:
“I have enjoyed learning new skills and applying some of these to my current job”
“The tutors are very helpful and supportive and provide me with regular reviews on my progress”
“The course fits around my everyday work making this easy to complete”
“The tutors are extremely helpful and always manage to find time to provide support and answer any queries”